Picking A Fight/Seeing Bev Again/Beaten

I sat on the metal steps outside my apartment, a half finished cigarette in my hand. I blew out smoke, sighing, and said,"Thank God it's almost summer vacation. A few more days and I'll be out of that shithole of a school for three months." I finished my cigarette, squashing it underneath my black sneaker, and grabbed my school stuff, walking as slowly as possible. When I got inside, loud voices came from everywhere, students talking about their summer plans and getting out of school. I opened my locker, setting my stuff inside, checking my eyeliner, when I heard a familiar voice from down the hall. "What's the matter, slut? I thought you liked people kissing you.." Henry Bowers was torturing some poor soul already, and I shrugged."Not my problem.." Then I froze, as I heard another familiar voice say,"Bite me, Bowers!" Henry replied,"I just might", as I shoved my way through the crowd.

    As I managed to see Henry and Bev, Henry slammed Bev into a locker, smirking."Do you like it rough?" I stepped towards him, and punched him square in the jaw with a right hook, making him stumble backwards, and the whole crowd went dead silent."I don't know, Henry, do you like it rough?" Henry started walking towards me, saying,"You're dead, James!! I'm gonna kill you!!" He froze as I opened my switchblade, and I said,"Awe..Afraid of a little knife? Poor, poor Henry..Go blow Patrick and fuck off." He came at me,and swung,and I let him hit me in the eye. I laughed,and said,"I'm so scared. Come on. I like it.." He smirked, and said,"Bet your Dad doesn't know that.." I froze,then charged at him,slamming into him,and brought the knife down,sticking it in the tile floor right by his throat. He shook slightly,and I stood up,and said,"Next time I might not miss. Keep your hands to yourself." I gave him a kick in the ribs for good measure, and yanked my knife out of the floor,closing it. I glared at all the bystanders. "What the fuck are you looking at?? Show's over, idiots.." They basically ran away from me, and I shrugged. "Whatever." I began walking off towards the exit doors of the school, when a familiar voice whispered,"Thanks for saving me."

   I spun around, and stared at Bev. "I don't know why I even bothered. It's not like you care." I started walking again,when I heard her run up behind me,and grab me by the arm. I instinctively flinched, and she let go instantly. I said,"Don't touch me." She said,"I'm sorry, okay?" I angrily glared at her, and asked,"Sorry?! For which part?! Pretending to be my friend?? Not saying a word to me for two whole years and leaving me all alone?!" I was breathing hard, and then I realised I had shown her weakness..I had let my guard down. I shrugged, and smirked. "It's fine. I don't need you, or anyone in this school. I'm close to dropping out anyway." She said,"All of it. I'm sorry for all of it. Can we be friends again?" I ignored her, and walked off. I bumped into a dark haired boy with glasses,and he wolf whistled. I grabbed him by his shirt,and said,"Shut up,Tozier." I let him go as he turned pale,seeing who I was."S-Sorry, Liv. I was just joking." I brushed past him, and smirked, heading outside.

    I spent the rest of the school day out on the football field,smoking and staring up at the sky. As soon as I heard the bell ring, I stood up,grabbed my stuff, and began walking home. I heard Bev running after me, turned around, and sighed. "Will you please stop following me?You're sorry? Fine. That doesn't make it any better. I'm..Better off alone anyway. Gotta go now.." I continued walking home after I saw the surprised expression on her face, went inside, and shut and locked the door. I heard loud footsteps, then saw my Dad. He slurred out,"Skipped class again, bitch? You're a loser, a freak, and a queer..What were you doing? Screwing a girl??" I said,"N-No.." He stepped towards me. "Don't backtalk me,Olivia!!" He knocked my school stuff out of my hands, then punched me in the face, threw me to the floor, and kicked me in the ribs. "No good, trashy bitch! What good are you to me, huh? Why were you even born?! You'd be better off dead!" He continued beating me, then managed to stagger to the couch, and passed out. I sniffled, wiping my eyes, and stood up, wincing and coughing. I picked up my school stuff, and set all of it in my room except a small pencil case. I looked out my window, and froze, as I saw Bev staring at me, horrified, from her window. I glared at her and yanked the curtains closed, then took the pencil case to the bathroom with me.

   I shut and locked the door, and sat on the toilet, my body throbbing in pain. I turned, and spat out blood in the sink, then rolled my sleeves up. I began crying, harder and harder, until I couldn't breathe, then grabbed the pencil case, and slowly opened it, removing the razor from inside. Minutes later, I washed the blood off the razor and my arms, then tightly bandaged both wrists, yanking my sleeves back down. I put the razor back in the pencil case, limped back to my room,and locked the door. I wiped my eyes, and then, carefully pulled back my curtain an inch, looking into Bev's room,and smiled slightly as I saw her sitting on her bed, doing homework. She suddenly looked up, and I shut the curtain quickly, my heart pounding. I sighed, carefully laid down on my bed, and fell asleep..