Bloody Bathroom/Rock War

The next morning, I woke up to an annoying pounding on the front door. I figured Dad had left, seeing as how he hadn't told the person to go away. "Holy shit! Hold on, damn it!" I stood up, stretching, and flinched, as I remembered the nightmarish scene in my bathroom the night before. I sighed, rubbing my face, and walked to the front door, still in the clothes I'd worn the day before. I yanked open the door, freezing as I saw Bev standing there, a terrified and anxious look on her face. I had trouble breathing for a minute, my brain flickering between the vision I had seen in the bathroom, and the Bev standing in front of me. My hands shook a bit, and her eyes landed on them."H-Hey, Bev..What's up?" I swallowed hard, and she looked at me."Liv, are you okay?" I nodded, not wanting to tell her what I'd seen, and she sighed, swallowing hard. "I need you to come over to my apartment..Dad isn't home. But..I have to show you and the boys something. So I know I'm not going insane." I looked down, not able to shake the image of her bloody body in the tub, and whispered,"Okay..Um..Let me change right quick..You can come in if you want." I walked back to my room, and grabbed a Led Zeppelin tee and black jeans. I slowly grabbed the bottom of my jacket, and pulled it over my head, the cuts on my stomach stinging annoyingly. I stepped out of my pants, and stretched, wincing a bit. A voice whispered,"So..This is the infamous bedroom." I turned around, and blushed, as I saw Bev looking around my room. I quickly pulled on my clean clothes."Um..Yeah.." I walked out of my room, hurrying past the bathroom, and went to the front door, closing it as Bev followed me out. "So..That was my room. Not much, I know. And probably not what you were expecting." I smirked a bit as she looked down, knowing I was right. I stopped, as I saw all the boys waiting for us, and muttered,"Oh..Guess I was the last one invited to the party." I glared at Bill as he smiled at me, and his smile quickly faded. I saw Richie stare at me, a frown on his face."You know, I figured you were just pissed off yesterday because of Bowers, but you're still acting like a bitch. Is it your time of the month?" I raised my fist threateningly, and growled,"What the fuck did you just say to me, Four Eyes??" Bev gently grabbed my arm, and said,"Guys..Please don't..It doesn't matter why she's upset, okay? Leave her alone. It's none of you- Our business." She looked a bit hurt when she said that, and I sighed, lowered my fist, and stared at the ground."I'm sorry, okay? I'm not so good at this whole friend thing."

I saw Bev look at the ground when I said that, and mentally slapped myself. I kept fucking up, and saying mean things to her and the boys. I whispered where only she could hear,"I'm sorry..I told you I would end up hurting you guys. I'll keep my mouth shut now." She looked at me, and sighed, then nodded, looking at the boys. "I-I have to show you guys something." Eddie asked,"What is it?" Richie asked,"More than we saw at the Quarry?", and I shook with anger at him, turning red as Bev's worried blue eyes watched me. Bev said,"My Dad will kill me if he finds out I had boys in the apartment." I flinched at that, knowing very well what she meant, and Bill replied,"W-we'll keep a-a lookout. Richie, j-just s-stay out here." Richie yelled at us as we climbed the steps,"What if her Dad comes back?" Stan yelled,"Do what you always do! Start talking!" Richie muttered loudly,"It is a gift.." We all filed into Bev's apartment, my eyes on the floor as I remembered the first time I had been there. Bev lead us down the long hallway, past her room, and I froze as her hand slipped into mine, her hand shaking a bit. I sighed, and gently squeezed her hand reassuringly, as we headed towards the bathroom. Stan asked,"What is it?" Bev said,"You'll see." Eddie said,"Wait. Are you taking us to the bathroom? I just want you to know that eighty nine percent of germs are housed in bathrooms. And then there's the bacteria, and fungi. And it's not really a sanitary place-" Bill opened the door, and Eddie whimpered. He whispered,"I knew it", gagging, and I froze, my heart racing against my ribs, as the metallic scent of copper hit my nose. Blood covered every inch of Bev's bathroom, from the ceiling to the floor, and I started shaking, starting to wonder if what I saw in my bathroom had been real. Bev asked,"You see it?" Stan asked,"W-what happened in here?" Bev said,"My Dad couldn't see it. I thought I might be going crazy." Ben said,"Well, if you're crazy, then we're all crazy." Bill said,"We c-can't leave it like this.", and walked into the bathroom. We all grabbed some cleaning supplies, and got to work. When we'd mostly finished, Ben dragged a trash bag full of bloody sponges and trash outside, and I continued scrubbing the sink. I heard Bill and Bev talking, and listened. She said,"It's not true, you know. What they say about me. I was only ever kissed by one guy. It was a long time ago..It was a nice kiss, though." She suddenly said,"January embers." Bill asked,"W-w-was that in the play?" Bev said,"No, it's a poem." Bill said,"Oh, I don't really know m-much p-p-poetry." Bev said,"Oh, I was just-Never mind." Bill said,"Um, j-just so you know, I-I never believed any of the rumors. N-none of us L-losers d-do. We like hanging with you." Bev said,"Thanks." Bill said,"You shouldn't thank us too much. Hanging out with us makes you a loser too." Bev said,"I can take that."

As I listened, my heart sank, breaking again. Bev was definitely interested in Bill. I mean, I knew I would never have been able to get her to like me that way, but it still hurt like a bitch. I swallowed back the tears that threatened to spill out of my eyes, and muttered,"Um..I think I'm gonna go outside with the others. You don't need me for anything else." The way I said that must've caught Bev's attention, as her eyes widened, and she looked at me. "Liv, wait-" By the time she finished those two words, I was already at the front door. I made my way down the steps, and caught Ben and the others looking at me."WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU STARING AT?!" They immediately flinched and looked away. At this point, I could feel tears dripping down my face, but couldn't help it, and looked away, as Bev and Bill came outside. We started walking our bikes, Richie riding circles around us, and he said,"You know I love being used as your personal doormat. Could you idiots have taken any longer?" Eddie said,"Shut up, Richie." Stan said,"Shut up, Richie." Richie said,"Oh, I get it. Trash the Trashmouth. I wasn't the one scrubbing the bathroom floor and thinking her sink was like Eddie's mom's vagina on Halloween." Bill said,"She didn't imagine it." He said,"I-I s-saw something too." Stan asked,"You saw blood too?" Bill said,"Not blood. I saw G-g-Georgie. It seemed so real. I mean, it seemed like him, but there was-" Eddie said,"The clown. Yeah, I saw him too." Ben nodded his head, and so did Stan. I stayed quiet, wiping my eyes before they could all see me crying, but I caught Bev staring, worry in her eyes. Stan asked,"What about you, Liv?" I froze, swallowing hard, and whispered,"Yeah..I saw the clown. But I'm not telling you what else I saw. It doesn't matter anyways." Richie asked,"Wait...Can only virgins see this stuff? Is that why I'm not seeing this shit?" I glared at him, and he said,"Well, except Liv. Everyone knows she's not a virgin." I flinched a bit, and shrugged, too upset to even respond.

Suddenly we heard yelling, and Eddie said"Oh shit, that's Belch Huggins' car. We should probably get out of here." Bill pointed at a bike, and said,"Wait. Isn't that the homeschooled kid's?" Eddie said,"Yeah, that's Mike's." Bev said,"We have to help him." Richie asked,"We should?" I said,"Obviously, dumbass.." Bev said,"Yes", and we all dropped our bikes and ran towards the yelling. We all stopped, as we saw Henry Bowers about to brain a black kid with a rock. Bev quickly picked up a large rock, and flung it expertly, hitting Henry in the head. He stumbled back a bit, and the black kid took that moment to run over to us, splashing down on the bank to catch his breath. Henry touched his bleeding head, and looked at us. Stan whispered,"Nice throw." Bev smiled, and Henry smirked. He said,"You losers are trying too hard. She'll do you..You just gotta ask nicely, like I did." My breath caught in my throat, as he reached down and grabbed his crotch, smirking suggestively. I stepped forward into the water, past Mike, and glared at Henry."What did you say, Bowers?! What the fuck did you just say about her??" Henry laughs."Awe..Look at the little dyke, protecting the love of her life. Bet she doesn't even know, does she?" I blinked, swallowing hard."I don't know what the hell you're talking about, asshole.." He smirks, and looks at Bev."Hey, slut, did you know that Olivia has a huge crush on you? Actually..She's in love with you." I whispered,"Shut up.." Henry continued,"That's why her daddy hits her..And why she tries to avoid you. Because she knows you don't like girls." I shook hard, tears dripping down my face."SHUT UP!!" Belch picked up a rock, and threw it at me. Patrick did, too, laughing, and one rock hit me in the head, and the other hit me in the stomach, right where my cuts were. I hit the ground hard, everything going white, and a ringing sounded in my ears. I could hear yelling, and rocks landing around me, as I struggled to sit up. Eventually, the yelling stopped, and I blinked the pain away, seeing Henry laying on the other side of the water, bleeding hard, unable to get up. I slowly stood, my legs threatening to give out, and Bill said,"Liv, l-let me h-help.." I shook his hand away, and sniffled, wiping my eyes."I'm fine..Leave me alone." I saw all the Losers staring at me, Bev's eyes full of shock, worry, and something like disgust raced across her face. I saw all their faces like that, and ran back to my bike as fast as I could, my heart in a million pieces, and started riding away, my nightmare now a reality, all because of Henry Bowers.