Summer Vacation Begins/Ben from Soc Class

I woke up the next morning, my body stiff and incredibly sore, and forced myself to get up. I quickly threw on a long sleeved red button down shirt, black leggings, my sneakers, and my jacket, then ran past my Dad and out the door. I made it to school just after the late bell, and I got several curious looks about my face and limp, but I just lifted my middle finger at all of them, and kept walking. Through all my classes,the teachers stared at me, but didn't say anything, and eventually, the final bell rang, and it was summer vacation. I shoved past everyone in the halls,ignoring the pissed glares I received, and made it to the bathroom. I went inside, and made it to a sink in time, throwing up. The smell of cigarette smoke hung heavy in the air, and Bev's voice came from a stall,"Hey..You okay?" I figured she must not know who she was talking to, and didn't answer.

A minute later, Greta Keene and her two goons entered the bathroom, one goon pointing at the stall Bev was in. Greta kicked it as hard as she could. She yelled,"Are you by yourself in there, Beaverly, or are half the guys in school with you, huh, slut?" I started getting mad. She continued,"I know you're in there, you little shit. I can smell you. No wonder you don't have any friends." She noticed me,and smirked."Hey,Liv,wanna help me teach Beaverly a lesson?" I glanced between Greta and the stall, and Bev's voice came out,"Which is it, Greta? Am I a slut, or a little shit?Make up your mind." Greta kicked the stall again, and I said,"No,I don't want to help you, and if you don't leave her alone,I'll kick all three of your asses without blinking." Greta motioned to one of the girls, and I smirked."Whatcha gonna do,you little bitch? I'm not afraid of you." She charged, and swung at me. I ducked under her arm, and punched her in the stomach, then swung up and caught her in the nose. She shrieked, as blood poured from it, and staggered back. I smiled, and asked,"Who's next?" The other girl charged, and damn, was she fast and good. She must have taken some classes, and she caught me in my sore side with her foot. I sucked in a sharp breath, and doubled over, and she took the advantage, punching me in the side of the head. My ears rang, and my vision went blurry. I shook it off, standing up straight, and kicked the girl straight in the face. Greta looked shocked and angry, and she told the girl with the now broken nose,"Grab the trash bag."

The girl yanked the disgusting, heavy, black trash bag from the garbage can, and I knew what she was going to do."Bev, look out!" Before I could stop her, the girl poured out the trash bag into Bev's stall, and I could hear the wet trash hitting her. Greta and the girls laughed,and said,"Loser. At least now you smell better." Greta said,"Let's go,girls",and,as she left the bathroom,called,"Have a nice summer Beaverly..You and your girlfriend are dead meat if I see you." I smirked as they left,and heard the stall door unlock. I turned,and saw Bev walk out,then grabbed my stuff. I began walking away,and she said,"Liv. Please wait.." I asked,"What??" She sighed,and said,"Thank you. From what I heard,you beat the shit out of Greta's goons. You didn't have to do that." I said,"I..You're welcome." She blinked, surprised, and asked,"Can I please talk to you?" I began walking away,and she called,"Liv! Seriously,it's important!" I said,"Fine..But when we're away from school."

We walked outside together, and Bev said,"We can go to your-" I interrupted her,"No..Not there. Okay?" She nodded,and I said,"How about the woods?" She said,"Okay..That sounds fine." I ignored the surprised looks as people saw me with her, and I snapped,"Fuck off! Jesus!!" They immediately all took off. We went to walk down the steps, but a heavyset boy with a baby face was blocking the way. He was holding a neat looking project in his hands,and I sighed. Bev asked,"Is there a secret password or something?" He looked up, saw me, shook a bit, and tried to move out of the way, dropping the project, breaking it. He tried to pick it up, but failed. I sighed, and started helping him pick it up, until he had it all. He was surprised, and said,"Thank you.." I shrugged. Bev said,"Henry and his goons are over by the west entrance." He said,"Oh, I wasn't-" Bev cut him off. "Everyone knows he's looking for you." Bev snatched his headphones, asking,"Whatcha listening to?" He was about to grab them back, but decided not to, blushing. Bev asked,"New Kids on the Block?" He said,"I don't even like them. I was just-" Bev said,"Wait, I get it..You're the new kid, right?" He said,"There's nothing to get." Bev handed back the headphones, and said,"I'm just messing with you. I'm Beverly Marsh, and this-" He finished,"Olivia James..I know who you are. We're in the same Soc class, and I don't know anyone who hasn't heard of Olivia." I snapped,"It's Liv! Only my Dad calls me Olivia.." He shrank back from my glare, and Bev asked,"So, you got a name?" He said,"I'm Ben. But almost everyone calls me-" Bev finished,"The new kid." I said,"There are worse things to be called." I stared at the ground, and looked up to see Bev watching me.

Bev saw a yearbook sticking out of Ben's backpack, and grabbed it. "We'll sign this for you." She opened it, her face falling in sympathy, and I looked to see zero signatures on the page. "Damn..I'm definitely signing this." Bev grabbed a pen and carefully signed her name, then passed me the book and pen. I signed,"You're pretty cool. Stay awesome, Liv James." I also put a heart by it, then handed him the book. "Come on, Bev." Ben read the signatures, and smiled at me. I just nodded, and kept walking. Bev said,"Stay cool, Ben from Soc class." He said,"You too, Bev..And Liv.." Bev called,"Hang tough, new kid on the block." I saw the little smile on Bev's face as we walked away, and said,"You like him, huh?" She said,"Maybe..Why do you care?" I shrugged. "I don't. Just curious, is all." She went silent, and we kept walking through town, until we got to the woods..