❦I. Arabella❦

(Trigger warning: Eating Disorder)

Denise Richard
as:
Arabella Oublié.

If someone had told Arabella that she would be sitting in the interrogation room of the 15th Precinct Police Station —one of the main police stations in the neighbourhood of Hell's Kitchen— shaking, crying, and being the main suspect in a murder case, Arabella wouldn't have believed them for a second a couple months ago. Because a couple months ago, everything had been completely normal.

Arabella had woken up at 07.00 am. Monday morning. Her best friend Raoul and her were moving into their new office that day, and she couldn't be more excited to carry around furniture all day.

Outside the sun was already up, and Arabella squinted slightly as she pulled aside the curtains in her bedroom. Her senior cat Mozart was lazily stretching in a sun ray on her bed waiting for her to go fix his breakfast.
He followed right behind her as she walked to the kitchen, and as always, stopped when he heard her stop. He meowed once and Arabella smoothly got the last can of cat food from the cupboard above her and filled his bowl before she tapped the metal with her nail so Mozart could find it.

Note to self, buy food for the beast.

She had had Mozart for about 12 years and through the 10th his sight gradually got worse and during the 11th he lost his sight completely. Arabella was terrified at first, afraid she'd loose him, but she quickly realised that Mozart adapted quite decently to his new conditions despite being so old. Of course he depended a lot more on Arabella now, but neither of them really minded that as long as Mozart got to live. This however meant that Arabella couldn't leave her home for more than a day or so without bringing him along in a bag, or have her Abuelita or a friend watch him.

"I swear to god Mozart.. if you only eat the top layer of food again, I will send you to Abuelita." Mozart turned his head and let out a slightly offended sound at the mention of the old lady. Arabella's abuelita thought Mozart to be the devil himself, and even went as far as to call the cat Lucifer whenever she addressed or talked about him, so the two clearly didn't get along.

Arabella rolled her eyes.

"I'm kidding, you're a spoiled little brat.. but you're my spoiled little brat." Mozart complained when Arabella picked him up and cuddled him in her arms for a minute before putting him back on the floor. She had to get ready and make breakfast, before she had to go meet the man who had picked up all the old office furniture and driven it to the new apartment.

However, just five minutes after Arabella had walked out of her apartment door, Raoul called and said his fiancée was sick, that he would be at least an hour late, and that Arabella would have to move all of their stuff into their new office, alone.
So there she stood, cursing him in her head, in front of the office building with a furniture loaded truck, and Mozart in her backpack.
The cat had his head sticking out of a hole in the sipper and looked content enough, all things considered.