III.

Arabella Oublié.

The following week of the attack, Arabella's bed remained empty through the nights.
She didn't want to sleep, but when she did collapse from exhaustion, most of the time on the office couch, she had nightmares. Most of the times she ate, everything came back up, and she kept having flashbacks to what had happened in the alley. Every time she looked at herself, she saw those ugly bruises over her cheekbone and her neck and was reminded. They'd almost turned an irritated and sickly green-yellowish colour now.
For her Chanel photoshoot no one had asked any questions, and if Raoul had seen them about to, he'd stared at them murderously until they'd retreated and kept quiet. The bruises were covered up easily by a thick layer of makeup that made Arabella wonder if covering up such bruises where something they often did.

"You're thinking about it again." Arabella sighed as she shot Raoul an irritated look. "And?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, if Tony Stark gave me his phone number and address, and encouraged me to call him or visit if I needed to talk what happened through.. I had probably been there right now, ignoring the fact that I have a man already, and also not ignoring the fact that I needed the help." Raoul shot Arabella a look making her groan exasperatedly from her friend's constant state of worry for her.
"I don't need to talk about what happened, because nothing happened Raoul."

"You literally almost got raped."

"Can you speak a little louder? I'm not sure the people on the fourth floor heard you?"Arabella hissed getting a bit angry with him.
"Why can't you just admit you need the help and call him?"

Arabella stood roughly up from the chair she was sitting in and opened the front door, "Because Tony Stark has got more important stuff to take care of than me Raoul! Now, I don't want to talk about it alright? So go for a walk, take the rest of the day off. I really don't care, just leave me alone for a bit and mind your own business, please.." Raoul nodded softly and took his jacket before leaving out the door she held open for him, hands shaking. "Just, promise me you'll say if you need help. I'm here, alright?" Arabella nodded softly, not looking Raoul's way before she heard the door to the street close behind him signalling he was gone.

Arabella hesitantly picked up her phone, and dialled in the number she'd looked at enough times so that she now knew it by heart.
She pressed the green 'call' button and waited agonisingly long as it rang. Just as she regretted her decision and was about to hang up, the torturous waiting beeps stopped, and a male voice was heard on the other end of the line.

"Yeh 'ello? Tony Stark here." Arabella stood frozen. She couldn't bring herself to talk.
"Hello?" After a couple more seconds of silence from her end, Tony just hang up. He probably thought it was just some mistake or a pocket dial.
She sighed.

Looking around her, anxiety crept over Arabella as she slowly realised she was alone in the office.
Mozart was sick so she'd left him at the apartment today much to her regret.
She'd taken him everywhere these last couple days, and he'd been giving her a weird feeling of safety when she wasn't with Raoul or her abuela.
Arabella hadn't really had a proper anxiety attack since..

Quickly discarding that train of thought she decided she couldn't stay in the empty office for one more nerve wrecking second. Arabella took her phone and leather jacket and walked across the hall.

Hesitantly she knocked on the door.

A muffled voice and a bit of stumbling could be heard from the other side before it opened and revealed Foggy's sweet and gentle face.
"Arabella?" He said surprised once he realised who it was that had knocked.