IV.

Arabella Oublié.

Arabella chanced a last glance at the two men over her shoulder. They were walking in the opposite direction of her obviously talking about something funny since she could hear their faint laughter every now and then when the breeze carried it past her.
As they disappeared around a corner Arabella turned her head back in the direction she was going and decided to pull out her phone to listen to some music.
Her 'feel good' playlist seemed to be the obvious choice as she walked alone. It had never failed her before and it wasn't going to now.
She just wanted to be able to do this by herself. Sure she was about to shit her pants, but it wasn't completely dark out yet, and if anything did happen she had Tony Stark on speed dial.
Arabella felt ridiculous, but she also felt proud that she was forcing herself to do this.

As she walked and danced her way to her apartment she tried to rid herself of the nervousness by wondering about how the pictures from Chanel had actually turned out.
When she had a photo shoot she was always so excited to see the pictures. Her and Raoul had always done it like that. Arabella would pose and smile, and Raoul would look the pictures through with the photographer and choose the best ones so that they would be a surprise for Arabella when they were published.

The model's happy thoughts were interrupted rudely however, as she heard what sounded like a gunshot over the music. Startled she quickly ripped the earphones out.
Logically her first thought was to run far away from it, but another thought quickly took over.
What if someone had gotten hurt?

She looked around to make sure that she was in no danger where she was. She didn't spot anyone, but she had an unpleasant feeling that someone was watching her, so she decided on avoiding a possible life or death situation and picked up the pace a bit as her apartment building came into view.
Her hand was tightly folded around her keys in her jacket pocket and she almost laughed at herself as she held them between her fingers like a weapon.
Just in case. She thought.

Don't bring wolverine claws to a gun fight Arabella.

She shook her head at her ridiculously bad pun as she pushed the door to her apartment building open.
She almost tripped over her own feet in shock when another shot rang out, and it sounded awfully a lot like it came from somewhere inside the building.
Arabella pulled her phone out of her pocket carefully as she began walking up the stairs.

"911 what's your emergency?" The voice sounded almost too automatic to be human.
"I'm in my apartment building, two shots has been fired, no screams, and no one has gone past me which means the gunman is probably still inside." Arabella listened carefully after any sounds as she kept going up the stairs.

"Somebody already called about that, a patrol is on it's way. If you see the suspect, don't approach alright?" The voice demanded.
"Wouldn't dream of it." Arabella said and ended the call as she walked up yet another floor.

This was where her apartment was.

Carefully she peaked around the corner, and surely god shined his light upon her again today and gave her good luck, cause right there, in front of her apartment door, in the shattered glass off the now flickering ceiling lamp stood two guys, and a third laid on the floor in a pool of his own blood.

What did I do wrong big guy? She thought giving a stink eye towards the sky.

One of the guys still standing held a gun, the other wore a black mask. She would've assumed they worked together if hadn't been for the fact that the gun was pointed at the masked man, and the masked man looked awfully a lot like the news had described Hell's Kitchen's own vigilante, The devil of Hell's Kitchen.