IX.

The first thing she registered was the immense pain in her chest and head, the next was her dry throat, and the last thing was the darkness.
Arabella couldn't even see her own hands in front of her, but she could hear and feel her phone buzzing somewhere close on the wet asphalt. It didn't emit any light however.
She used a couple of seconds fumbling around for it before she found it. "Hallo?"

"Arabella, hey, it's Karen! Raoul called me! I'm with your grandmother she's okay, we brought her to the hospital!" Arabella sighed relieved to hear those words.
"Thank god.."

"I uhm, I can't get ahold of Matt.. you haven't talked to him have you? Foggy is really worried.." Arabella coughed as she slowly sat up. "Wait, a-are you alright?"

"Actually, I went out to look for my abuela.." Arabella looked around her for any sources of light at all. "–Yea, Raoul told me. He's really worried too. You should give him a call.." Karen sounded concerned.

"The thing is, I took a short cut, and ended up in an alley nearby one of the explosions I think.." Arabella felt the knot in her throat tighten as she began crying. "I-I don't know where I am Karen, b-but it's really dark everywhere, and my phone screen is broken and I-I think the building must have collapsed.." She sniffled as she listened to a series of panicked muffled voices coming from her phone. "H-hallo?"

"Hey Bells, it's Foggy. Are you hurt?" Arabella let a hand softly touch the back of her head. It came away sticky. "I'm bleeding from my head, I think I hit it when the explosion happened. I-I can't see how bad it is." The sharp intake of air that Foggy came with wasn't reassuring at all.

"Do you have find my phone installed? If you can activate it, it'll be a lot quicker to find you." Foggy suggested. Arabella looked down to where her phone should've been lighting up the pitch black room for her. "I don't know if I can. The screen is broken. It's just black."

"Use the a.i system then." Arabella wanted to cry out in frustration. "Yea, alright, I'll try."

Arabella held the home button down till the sound indicating it was ready taking instructions came. "Activate, find my phone."

"Find my phone ac-ti-va-ted." Arabella smiled, when she realised she'd be safe soon. "Share location with Foggy."

"Location shared." The relieved sound that escaped Foggy made Arabella smile.
"I know where you are. I'll be there in a couple of minutes. Just hang in there." The beep that indicated Foggy had hung up sounded and Arabella tiredly breathed out.

"You okay?" Arabella turned around, frightened by the voice coming from somewhere in the darkness. "Who's there?!" She called out scrambling to her feet. Her balance was clearly put off by her lack of sight in the darkness.

"You can't see me?" The voice asked confused, Arabella furrowed her brows. "No it's pitch black in here how should I? D-do I know you?" She said clutching her phone tightly in her hand for some sense of security.

"Arabella, it's me, it's Matt."

"Matt?" Arabella repeated confused. "What're you doing here? Were you caught in the explosion as well? Are you hurt?" She asked quickly fumbling her way to where she heard his voice, relieved she wasn't alone in the darkness anymore.

"I'm alright. What about you?" He asked. Something about the way he asked made her worried. He sounded like he knew something she didn't. "I-Uh, my phone's screen is broken and I think I hit my head when the building collapsed, it's bleeding. But that's no surprise really, I was right by the explosion when it happened."