V.

Arabella Oublié.

Tony Stark wasn't one to bring home random girls. Not anymore at least, not since him and Pepper Potts had finally gotten together. So, it was safe to say that him having a trembling model in his arms caused a lot of confusion amongst the few Avengers actually present in the tower that night.
Tony gave them a glare daring them to say anything as he lead Arabella to a guest bedroom where he calmed her down and told her to wait and that he would soon come back with some food.

"Care to explain?" Was the words that first met Tony as he walked back into the living area of the tower.
"That was the girl I saved the other week in the alley. Arabella Oublié." Tony said shrugging at Steve Rogers', Natasha Romanoff's and Clint Barton's disapproving eyes.
"-The model who almost got raped. Big media scandal, I held a press conference remember?" He then added making the three avengers instantly feel bad about their behaviour.

"She looked really shaken up, did something else happen?" Natasha asked concerned, her eyes briefly glancing down the hallway where Arabella was.
Tony sighed shaking his head, "She never said what happened, but when I got there, there was police surrounding the whole block and forensics were cleaning up what looked awfully a lot like a huge pool of blood outside her door."

"You didn't ask them about it?" Clint said confused at Tony's lack of information on the situation.
"Yea, of course! In my iron suit, I pranced out there, with Arabella in my arms. It's not like the media would make a huge scandalous story out of it, again." Tony said sarcastically, shooting a mean look in Clint's direction. The archer huffed annoyed at his friend's attitude. Not that it was anything unusual, or new.

"Anyway.. After the night in the alley I gave her my number, and said to call me if she needed to talk or anything. She didn't use it until she called me today a week later, panicking and crying, asking me to please come get her. So I did." Tony said simply as he poured himself a small drink. "-Maybe she will tell you guys what happened   tomorrow if you ask nicely. Now if you're done assuming the worst of me I will go bring her some food and make sure she gets some sleep. Goodnight." The billionaire stated before walking out.

When Arabella woke up the next morning, it wasn't peacefully and with a bit of sleep in her eyes. It was panicked and with ragged breathing, and probably from a nightmare.

"Hey it's alright." Arabella's head whipped to the sound of the voice and jumped from her bed. "Who are you?" She asked the unfamiliar man who now stood up as well with a calm posture.

"Probably should have started with that, now that I think about it. I'm Clint. A friend of Tony's." The man explained watching Arabella carefully as if she was a cornered animal, ready to run at any given chance it got. "-He needed some sleep after 'guarding' you all night, and I was awake and offered to take over."

Arabella looked out the window where sun already stood bright and high on the blue sky. "W-what time is it?" She asked clearly a bit disoriented.

"It's a little past 1 pm." Clint said checking his watch.
"I slept for twelve hours?" The disbelief in her voice was clear, but to Arabella it did sound really unlikely that she'd actually managed to sleep for that long. Especially considering she hadn't gotten more than a few hours a night, if she got any at all, in the last week or so.

"Yea, you probably needed it." Clint offered her a smile which she hesitantly returned. "I did.."

"You hungry? Stark said you didn't eat anything last night." Arabella subconsciously looked to the full plate standing on the bedside table. "I-I.. it's fine, I'm really thirsty though?" Clint nodded, her stutter not going by unnoticed though.
"Sure, follow me, I'll show you the kitchen."