2. Cigarette smoke and Hospital beds

I awoke to beeping. My (e/c) eyes fluttered open and burned. I screeched, heard a jump, and closed my eyes again. I slowly opened my eyes to see, the famous Boy Wonder, himself, Robin.  He slowly walked towards me.

   "W-where am I?" I croaked out, My voice sounding like the desert.

   "Somewhere safe." Then it clicked, the angel from my dream was him.

   "You saved me." I said, sounding small.

   'Yeah."  He said, simply smiling. He hasn't looked at me.

   Suddenly, there was a surge of anger that ran through me. "You saved me!" I angrily shouted as loud as I could. "Why the fuck did you save me!? I wanted to die! I want to die!" I gritted my teeth, hearing the heart monitor beep faster. I frowned, trying to get up and get away. My head protested as it swam in pure physical pain. A hangover from hell.

   He looked at me. "I don't want you to die."

   My heart sped up again. "Why? You don't even know me!"

   He sighed, softly, looking me in the eyes as best as he could, "I've tried to do what you just tried before." He smiled, tenderly. "It gets better."

   My jaw fell, lack. I peered into his mask and grabbed his hand. "Thank you." I breathed and just like that, I had fallen fast asleep. The young hero's hand still intertwined with mine.

   In due time I was dreaming. I dreamt of going to see the Venice canals, I dreamt of an eerie fog, but most of all, I dreamt of the hero, Robin. I dreamt of him being where I was yesterday, standing on the edge. This time, no one was around to save him.

   I woke up with a jump, seeing Robin's dead body can kinda mess you up. . Thankfully, The teen wonder's hand was still entangled with mine. I heard him quietly snore with his face down on my thigh.

   I smiled and ran a hand through his hair. God, I need a cigarette.