6. Apartments and Crime fighting

I went to my apartment. This time, however, I wasn't alone. Robin sat, beside me smiling. He sat on my bed and listened as I told him about my little sister. She had picked up a duckling from a pond and ran.

   That was so long ago. So very long ago. When I think of it, it brings sharp pains to the back of my mind. But, alas, I cannot let this pain kill me. He told me it gets better. I'd do anything for Robin. He saved my life.

   Although, I still think of suicide.

   Sometimes my thoughts are so loud, I can't hear anything, I can't hear anyone. It's like a pep-rally. The drums are so loud that you can't hear your own trumpet play.

   Sometimes I am so calm, too calm. I can't feel anything. I reach for those thoughts and try to make the thoughts linger. I try so hard to feel.

   I try so hard.

   "(Y/N)?" I heard an angel question, "H-hey, (Y/n)..." I looked up snapping out of my trance. "Are you okay?" I shook my head to clear my mind. I felt him rubbing small circles into my back with thumb, comfortingly.

   "Y-yeah," I stuttered and looked at him, his face coming into focus. "I'm fine." I said more strong. I scooted closer to him and laid my head on his shoulder. "Do you like," ME? ME?! ME!? I chanted in my head, but nothing came out.

   He laid his head on top of mine. "Me?" I asked grabbing his arm and cuddling it.

  He pondered for a moment, "You could say that."  My heartbeat sped up and I smiled , widely. He looked down at me.

   He had a dark blush on his face and he scratched nervously at his neck.

    "You know I'm bad luck." I looked down. I felt a finger on the bottom of my chin.

   Robin pulled up my head so I was looking at him. I stared at his masque hoping I reached to what was beyond it. He stared at me for a few seconds. "If you're bad luck, then I need some." He pulled my face closer to his slowly. I closed my eyes as I felt my heartbeat dance in an intricate pattern. His lips were so close I could feel his breath. It ghosted on my lips as if asking if he could kiss me. I silently begged him to.

  Just as our lips were about touch, his Titan communicator went off. I opened my eyes and pulled away, blushing a deep red. I pushed my face in a pillow.

   "What is it?" I heard him, exasperated.

   "Dude?! Why is your face so red?" I heard Beast Boy question.

   "Beast Boy?! What is it??" Robin hissed into the communicator.

    "Okay, Bro calm down, Cinderblock is down here destroying everything." Beast Boy called as I heard a monotone "Hurry."

    Robin looked at me, giving me a look of shear disappointment and apologetic sadness. "I have to go." He stated, suddenly getting stern.

   He reached in and kissed my forehead. "Stay. Here." He demanded. "I'll be back soon." And with that he swung out of my window and into the city. I jumped up and leaned out the window just as I saw Robin hop on his

R-cycle and zoom away. Just then, I heard crashing and a loud grunt. I looked up and saw that this Cinderblock was only a street or so over. Cinderblock was in line with my vision, but I could only see a couple of the Titans. Raven and Cyborg, I could hear Raven chant "Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" She hit him with a large hammer made of black magic. I watched in shock as Cinderblock struck Raven with a mighty hand and sent her flying. Thankfully, Beast Boy was there in one quick green flash to catch her. He sat her down, gently out of harms way. Meanwhile Cyborg was hitting him with his cannon arm.