She-Ra?

Adora

Adora led the group through the forest as She-Ra, just because she felt more confident that way, determined to bring the team back together again. After this long a time with the Rebellion, Adora had practically memorized the routes through the Whispering Woods to get to different places. Plumeria was in the same direction as the Fright Zone and despite the magic if the woods moving things around, the path was generally the same.

They had passed the four specific trees that never seemed to change and Adora knew they were getting close. Catra was once again travelling along the tree branches above them while Bow, Glimmer, Scorpia, and Entrapta were following behind Adora on the ground. Instead of using her legs however, Entrapta was floating above the dirt and walking with her hair as her feet. Nothing out of the ordinary.

After about five more minutes, Adora saw the pink, flourishing kingdom peeking out from behind a giant tree root and the cart Adora had lifted upon their arrival the first time. But something wasn't right. Plumeria wasn't filled with laughter and joy as it was the last time. From where she was, Adora and the group could hear people screaming and metallic crashing and explosions. Catra had seen before any of them. "It's the Horde!" She called down from her perch on a branch high in a tree above them.

She jumped down and rejoined the crowd of princesses and Bow as they raced over to the kingdom. Sure enough, the Horde was back, but this time, they weren't simply poisoning their trees; they were attacking. Plumerians were fighting back, the same way they had before, but it didn't seem enough; the army sent this time was much larger and more powerful than the ones at the camp. Adora spotted Perfuma shooting a line of green vines and flowers at a group of soldiers trying to block her from getting to the Heart-Blossom. Behind them was another group-Adora could identify them as Lonnie, Kyle, and Rogelio-who were attempting to get past the tree's protective layer to get ahold of the runestone. They wanted to take it.

Perfuma shot a hole in the blockade and sent Adora's old team flying across the field, putting up a thick wall around the Heart-Blossom for extra protection. When she was done, she turned around and saw Adora and the others standing there trying to choose who to fight first.

One thing the Horde didn't know about a princess was that her power was infinitely powerful when she was in her own land. (a/n: yes, I know this is probably inaccurate since Glimmer had a bunch of problems while she was at Bright Moon, but like if she wasn't cursed for the final battle, it would have been easier??? Just go with it) They didn't have a chance. The rest of the community however, might need some help.

Glimmer and Bow had began to fight off troops around them with the help of the Plumerian people. Entrapta had gone over to Perfuma to help her out and Scorpia had started wrestling with another large Horde soldier. Adora could hear him muttering about traitors.

Adora had transformed back out of surprise and she and Catra were about to join them when they both saw something they thought they'd never see. Shadow Weaver, in the flesh, had showed up with the army of Horde soldiers; was leading them. Both froze in their spots, staring at the sorceress in awe and fear. Just at that moment, Shadow Weaver noticed their presence, left alone whatever poor souls she was torturing and darted straight at them, the eyes in her mask thinning.

Catra and Adora jumped to either side to avoid her charging right into them and stood facing her back as she started to absorb all the light around her.

What? She can't do that, she never has before, Adora thought and began to raise her sword in the air. "For the Honor of-"

"No!" Shadow Weaver whipped around and shot a spear of darkness at the Sword of Protection knocking it out of Adora's hands and launching it towards the sorceress who enclosed it in a dark cloud.