Learning New Things

a/n: small warning: this chapter contains a couple of minor spoilers from season 2 if you haven't seen it yet (nothing too big) ((you really should have seen it by now though))

Glimmer

"Scorpia!" Glimmer exclaimed after Adora ran after Catra. She, Bow, and Scorpia were now standing in the spot that the two others were standing, a certain cat girl spilling her heart out, just moments before. Scorpia just had to ruin it. "Didn't you see what was about to happen?!"

Scorpia crossed her arms and frowned, her eyebrows furrowing. "Yeah, I was just leaving, and I tripped. Not my fault." She raised her arms up in surrender.

"First of all, how do you trip backwards, and second of all, why did you have to leave?" Glimmer demanded. This had been the one thing she'd been waiting for in her adventures of observing Catra and Adora's relationship. Now that she thought about it, it was a bit weird, but it was all for the greater good! Right?

"I couldn't watch that!" Scorpia responded. "I don't want Catra to be with her anyway!" The anger in her face instantly turned to shock as she realized what she just said.

Glimmer smirked and leaned away from the argument, putting an hand on her hip. "Who would you rather she be with?"

Scorpia didn't answer, only blushed and looked away from Glimmer.

"Wait." Bow interjected, the first thing he'd said in a while. "Do you like Catra?"

"No!" Scorpia said defensively; she would have balked her fists if she had any. She drew back slightly. "Maybe..." She admitted in a quieter voice.

She sighed and continued. "Just- I wish she would see me as worth her time. No matter what I do, I can't seem to break down her walls." She stepped back and sat on a large rock behind her. "Those two," she gestured in the direction Adora and Catra just went, "even when they were trying to kill each other, you could tell there's a real bond there. I mean, they grew up together, I can't compete with that..."

Glimmer pondered this for a moment. "Well," she said, "that's true, but! I feel you.

"Once upon a time, like, last year, I was dating this girl, whose name I don't speak of. Ever." She paused. "Anyway, this person was totally in love with someone else, while she was with me, but, the both of us were too afraid to let go because we were a whole mess. I knew she liked someone else and so did she but nothing happened and then she ended up cheating and that's how my first relationship was a total disaster.

"So what I'm trying to say is, you might have to... get over it? Sorry Scorpia." Glimmer shrunk into herself in apology.

"No, I understand. I already accepted it. No big deal." Scorpia said and shrugged.

Here Glimmer began to really connect with Scorpia. She didn't tell many people that story, not that it was traumatic or anything, but she usually kept her past to herself; same with Bow. She completely understood one-sided feelings.

With Catra it was different. It may seem like it was one-sided but Adora was just oblivious. She still didn't understand completely what everything meant, for whatever reason.

"Let's go back to the castle." Bow suggested and began to walk towards the thicker part of the forest. Scorpia and Glimmer followed and headed back in the direction they came from, unanimously agreeing to leave Adora and Catra be.

The sun was hanging just at cloud level, meaning the day had almost gone by already.

Once they returned to the final stretch of path leading to the doors of the castle, a guard called out to them.