Chapter Seven

I had to add pt 2 bc why not?

°•°•°•°

I've decided to visit the Trevi Fountain, which is absolutely stunning, like everything else in Rome.

A large, shallow fountain pool surrounds a magnificent statue of rocks with large, intricately carved people on the top. There is one person placed in the middle, then two placed on either side of him, leaning against the building, adding a stunning effect to the whole layout.

Amazing.

After an hour of studying and gawking at the fountain, I find my stomach begging for food.

I wander around until I stumble upon a large restaurant, with the name of Pinsere.

I can't even pronounce that, let alone know what it is, but from the looks of it, I find that it's pizza.

Yummy.

Not as dazzling as the other places, but it looks simple enough, and delicious.

I find myself walking out with a whole pizza.

That could've been my lunch and dinner. I don't mind at all. It looks mouth-wateringly good.

I could live off of this stuff. Something about it makes it so much better than it ever was back at home, which is really saying something.

The definition of delicious.

I'm back at my hotel after fetching a cab, and stumble into my room, feeling really tired and my feet achingly sore from walking and standing all day.

I sigh in content after setting the pizza down and plopping onto the large bed.

I look at the clock, to discover that it's only 2 pm, and I'm already tired.

Damn.

I groan, not wanting to get up, but decide that it's my vacation, and I can do whatever I want.

So I take a little nap...okay, it was a long nap.

I end up waking at 5 pm. Only 3 hours, but I feel like I slept my day away.

I run my hands over my face as I get up and head to the bathroom.

Might as well take a shower and watch some tv.

Scratch that, I find myself chillin' in the large tub with water, dumping in some soap to make it a bubble bath.

I haven't had a bubble bath in ages.

I hurry up and get my phone so I could play some music while I soak.

Releasing a sigh of content, I sink further into the steaming water, humming along to Linkin Park with my eyes closed.

20 minutes into my bath, there's knocking on my door.

"Oh you motherfucker." I mutter, climbing out of the tub and pausing the music as I wrap a towel around my body and stumble to the door.

When I open it, I spot the woman that was at the front desk this morning.

Her eyes widen as a look of guilt crossed her face, "I'm sorry for interrupting, miss, but someone dropped these off at the front desk for you."

She shoves a vase full of silky white and pink roses into my arms.

"Um, I think you have the wrong person?" I ask, feeling confused.

"You're Brimmy Somell?" She asks, her brow furrowing.

"Yeah, I think..." I trail off.

She grins, "Then, yes, these are yours, ma'am."

"Oh, uh...thanks?" I say as more of a question.

"No problem, madam. Sorry for interrupting you. Having a good night!" She says enthusiastically before hurriedly walking away from my room.

Still in a state of confusion, I take the roses in with me and close the door.

Noticing a little note on the top, I pluck it out and read,

Hope you're enjoying your stay, Brimmy. I'd also like to remind you that you never called me. Don't go giving my fragile heart any problems.

- Uncle Benny.

I grin once I realize it's from him, then wonder how he got them ordered to me, which then leads me to feeling bad because I never called him.

I dash to my phone, dialing his number, and he picks up on the first ring.

"Nice to hear from you, Brimmy." His accusing voice cuts off my greeting.

"I'm so sorry, Uncle Benny! I just got distracted and needed to get settled in, then I got distracted again. I'm so sorry!" I reply hastily, hoping my excuses would be good enough.

"It alright, Brim." I relax once I hear him chuckling. Thank goodness he's not upset. A mad Uncle Benny is a scary Uncle Benny.

"Oh, and thanks for the cab driver, I didn't even think of it. And for the flowers, they're so pretty." I grin even though he can't see me from the phone.

"I'm a smart man, I think ahead." He replies with another chuckle.

"Of course you are, where else would I get my smarts from? Obviously not mom." I snort, leaving out the fact that I haven't even acknowledged my dad.

"Your father was a pretty intelligent man. But he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it came to emotions." Uncle Benny says, sounding sad, but amused at the same time.

I ignore that statement. All this talk of my dad is starting to bug me.

"Okay, Uncle Benny, it's getting a little late and I need to wash up." I begin my excuse to end the call.

"Okay, Pumpkin, call me later, or I'll have to go through the trouble of getting flowers sent to you again." He warns.

"Don't tempt me." I laugh, "We'll see. You know how forgetful I am, old man."

"You seriously need to get that checked on, Brim. I'm honestly concerned." He says, covering up his amusement and trying to sound concerned.

"Hey! It's not that bad!" I defend lamely.

"Oh, shush. We all know you got the attention span of a damn toddler, Brimmy." He mocks.

I gasp dramatically, "I do n-"

Before I can finish my sentence, his end of the line beeps before going silent.

I gasp again, "He hung up on me! That little brat!" I screech, huffing angrily before scurrying back to the bathroom.

My once hot bath water is lukewarm, so I hurriedly clean up, and dive into my bed.

I know it's a bit early, but I don't care. I need my sleep.

Shit, that's all I do. Sleep.

But who cares? I sure as hell don't.