Chapter Sixteen

Another lil side note:

From now on, it might move a bit fast. I just want to dive right into the plot, even thought I'm only 16 chapters in, but I'm just so ready to set everything into motion. I know their feelings for eachother are gonna develop really fast, but just bear with meh now pls....

Continue...

Marcello's POV (Heck yea boi, that's right, super excited for this chapter!)

I lay in bed, tossing and turning, unable to think as I recall the memories of today.

I finally got to kiss her. That thought alone has me grinning like a love-sick idiot.

As creepy as it sounds, I've been watching her a lot lately. Not through my own eyes, of course, but I have a lot of security cameras set up around the house, and I find myself watching her every movement through the screen.

They were originally stricly for security purposes, but lately I haven't been too worried about that, though I probably should be. I'd installed a total of four cameras, one in the living room, one in the main hall, one at the entrance of the front door, and the other at the back door.

As if watching her wasn't enough, I'd done a little bit of research, ranging from her shoe size to her driving record.

I knew I shouldn't, as I didn't have a motive to do so, other than plain curiosity.

I was quite surprised when I found out she's 24. She looks quite a bit younger, and her height is at a solid 5'5", which further makes her look more...youthful. Her birthday is in a couple weeks, and I don't know if I should celebrate it, or if that'd be too odd.

Definitely odd.

It'll also be a little awkward, knowing she's two years older than I, but I'm trying to look past that little detail...

I sigh, still not seeming to get any rest as my thoughts continue straying to her.

See, I've never been one for romance, or love, or relationships. I despise them, actually. I haven't had a girlfriend since highschool, which is pretty embarrassing, but that's for a reason.

I really didn't plan to fall in love. I don't want to bring a woman into my world. It's dangerous, especially if everyone finds out that I'm getting all soft for a girl, they'll target her.

I'm not stupid, it's happened to many mafia leaders before me, and it'll happen to many after me. One of my close friends, a high ranking mafia member, and in control of multiple gangs, has made the mistake of falling in love, only to push his loved one away, hoping it'd keep her safe. A rebelling gang killed her two weeks later.

We've found that the only way to keep our family safe is to keep them by our sides and protect them. Pushing them away and hoping no one finds them is foolish. They always find out.

And that's why I fully plan on keeping a close eye on Brimmy.

My father suggested a tracking device, but if he thinks that Brimmy would let me get away with that, then he's possibly more crazy than she is herself.

She's one of the most stubborn girls I've ever met, which is both a good, and bad thing. It's mostly irritating on my part, but I'm just glad she's not the kind of girl to back down. She stands up for herself, and I think that's what attracted me to her in the first place.

When I first saw her on that plane, she'd just been another pretty face, until she bumped into me. I'd thought she was pathetic when she held her head down and whispered her apology.

But when she looked up, the fire in her eyes had caught me off gaurd, it was something that I wasn't used to. Where I usually find a look of hopelessness, I found one of adventure.

It gave me just a small spark of hope for a different life.

Or maybe I read too far into it and I'm passing the point of insanity.

It was wrong to follow her around. However, that's what I was best at. I'd treated her like my prey, but she was a predator in disguise.

That is until she ran face first into a very uninviting wall.

I chuckle just looking back on it. Even after she realized I'd saw her run head on into that wall, she still held her head high and proud, making her practically irrisistable and just a little unstable.

Her confidence is probably her most attractive, and annoying, quality.

My lips tug into a smile at the thought, but I shake it off.

I check the clock on my nighstand, finding that it's already 1 am.

I'll never get any sleep if I keep thinking about her. I groan.

I just can't seem to get her out of my head.

Is this what being in love is like.

I try not to say that word too much, but is it possible that I could be...in love..?

No.

Yes.

°•°•°

(^^There's a chain going on in the comment section of 'yes' and if anyone breaks it, I'll be chopping their heads off and deleting any comments that break that chain. For legal purposes, I did NOT say that. Thank you and good day).

°•°•°•

Maybe.

No.

Most definitely not. I literally just met her, I'm not in love.

All I know is that I feel more protective of her than a should. She has a sense of importance that my brain almost can't comprehend.

Just as my eyes are closing, a knock sounds on my door, and I'm about to snap at whoever dares to interrupt me at this time of the night, but stop when I hear their voice.

"Marcello?" Comes a soft, uncertain sound.

"Brimmy?" I question, confused as to why she's in my room at 1 in the morning. "What's wrong?" I ask, a little concerned.

"I...I couldn't sleep." She says, and I can hear the embarrassment in her voice.

She looks down, rubbing her arm nervously.

"And how do you suppose I fix that problem?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

Her form shrugs, "I dunno, any suggestions?" She asks.

"My arms." I tease, but am surprised when she actually steps forward and moves toward my bed.

"Okay." She says confidently, as if she wasn't nervous and embarrassed only seconds ago.

My jaw drops at her sudden mood change.

I seriously wonder about her lack of sanity. She's far from normal, and I don't know if I'm meaning that in a good way, or a bad one. She crawls into my bed, lifting the blanket to get under, letting cold air into my warm cocoon.

She relaxes, and I awkwardly put my arms around her, not knowing what to do.

She swats my arms away, "You don't have to get all touchy touchy. I just didn't wanna listen to Marie's snoring all night." She scolds.

I roll my eyes at her lame excuse, pulling her closer to my chest, just curious to see what she'll do.

After a couple seconds of weak struggling, she finally settles down, resting against my body.

I hear a small sigh escape her mouth, causing mine to lift into a small smile.

Huh. She's a cuddler.

Who would've thought?