Chapter 7: Call for Aid

Tina's P.O.V

A repetitive sharp tapping noise, coming from what I think is the window, makes me roll over crack my eyes open in annoyance. The moon is full tonight, it's silky light illuminating the floor. Careful as to not to wake Newt, I creep over to the window. Behind the old six pane window is a tawny owl. MACUSA I realize, this must be urgant. I quickly undo the wooden locks and crack open the window, a cool breeze wafting by, and let the medium sized owl in. It perches on the bedpost, and I unwrap the letter from it's leg. I give the bird some water before letting it back out into the moonlight, free of it's cargo. I sit on the edge of the bed, still trying not to wake Newt, and peel open the envelope. I read- 

Dear Mrs. Scamander, 

MACUSA requests your immediate skills, in the recapture in Gellert Grindelwald, who has been sighted in Geneva, Switzerland. Please send a return patronus message and meet with your old team at 2:00 A.M. in the Magical Council building. We need to try to catch him before the trail runs cold. Do not bring Mr. Scamander until we send for him, we will need him just not now. 

Hope to see you soon, 

President Picquery  

A rush of panic runs through me, Grindelwald spotted? I slip out of my room and head to the kitchen to send my reply. Of course I am going to help, why would I let what happened to Queenie repeat itself for someone else. I cast the spell a black stallion bursting from the tip of my wand and say aloud, "Headed to Switzerland, be there at 1:00. Don't wait up." The horse gallops off to find President Picquery. I start making coffee, look down and realize that I am still in my pajamas. Not wanting to sneak back into my room, I mutter the summoning spell and my clothes float to me. Not letting Newt know might bite me in the butt later, but I don't want him worrying or worse chasing after me. I change quickly pull on a simple blouse, trousers, black boots, and my heavy black leather coat. I start to head out the door but mind churning I decide to walk back into the kitchen. I grab a pen and piece of paper, writing.....

 Newt, 

Picquery needs my help, going to Geneva. Don't follow, she said she will call for you later. Don't worry about me. 

Love you to the moon and back, 

Tina 

Feeling better about leaving now, I walk into the black street a blanket of low fog coating ground. The whole effect making my senses go into hyper alert. I back into a small alley in the back of the house and apparate to Switzerland. 

Sorry this is so short, but it's about to get interesting and I needed a bridge to the next part. Anyway thank you all for reading and see you next chapter!