Chapter 9: Assignment

Tina's P.O.V 

The Swiss Council of Magic is what I expected and not at the same time. The building is like M.A.C.U.S.A but darker, the halls longer. Everything is gilded in gold and backdropped in black. Owls swoop from office to office, screeches filling the otherwise silent air. There is no grand receiving room just a beautiful mahogany desk with gold legs and a single secretary. I walk up to the women, her face is pinched and she has tight black curls. She looks up and I state, "Tina Goldstein with President Picquery, head auror of M.A.C.U.S.A." She looks at my face again, nods and motions down the hall and says, "Down this hall, fourth door on the left." Her voice is sticky sweet, with a german accent, the accent I was expecting but the tone. She seems annoyed, I give her a cold stare I walk to the meeting door she motioned to.  All the door are uniform oak with large golden falcon handles,  I pull on one of those falcons the door surprisingly light for its size. The room has dark green carpet with a huge cherry wood table in the middle, it is dimly light.  The room radiates seriousness and a hint of sadness. I silently slid into a heavy wooden chair across from Piquery. She looks exhausted, black smudged beneath her eyes. The other aurors at the table, some I recognize some I don't, all look like they could just fall asleep right now.  Piquery stops talking to the auror next to her and looks at me, nods. She seems to pull herself together summoning some energy and starts to address me and the whole table, "Well hello everybody, glad you could make it Tina", she gives me a slash of a smile, "the situation as we know it at the moment, is that Grindewald is summoning his followers in a small town called Bonaduz in eastern Switzerland. It seems that is his preparing for an outright battle. Everyone is organizing, the estimated number of fighters is around 2,ooo. We can muster a force around the same number. Its not going to be an easy fight, and our number one priority in not to have an innocent casualties. We have been told by some trustworthy resources to hammer the left flank hard because Grindewald is putting his weaker followers there to weed them out. Try not to kill but capture." She motions towards me and keeps going, "This is Ms. Scamander", people give me a weird glances at the name change and at the familiar name, "and the leader of this battle and she has a lot of experience with this particular situation." Piquery motions for me to speak. It take me a minute to decide what I am going to say, and begin, "Well from experience Grindewald is going to try and make a point, he is going to spin sugar sweet lies to try to get you to join him. DO NOT listen it will twist your with your emotions, it happened to my very sister. We will have to fight with a lot of vigor and courage but I know we can do it. We have to trust each other and it will not be like a traditional job. It will be battle, there will be death. Try not to kill but the other side will not restrain from killing you. Never turn you back." I finish fire blazing in my eyes, Piquery smiles again. Suddenly the whole room bursts into conversation, everyone is asking me questions at once. I try to answer them all  with patience but I am overwhelm. Piquery gets them to all shut up and we start to pull together a strategy. It invigorating to be doing this again, adrenaline is pumping through my veins, I really did miss this the planning, the banter between aurors. We are finally finishing up our strategy when sunlight starts to stream through the window. I get up to use the bathroom, my legs asleep,  when I feel a light tap on my shoulder. I flip around and I get a face full of Newt. Startled I take a step back and squeal, "Newt what are you doing here?" He just smiles at me and kisses me lightly, "Piquery wanted me." I face Piquery in confusion. She smiles for the third time this night and explains, "Newt has gotten past Grindewald both times, he has unexpected ideas that almost always work." I feel Newt shake his head in disbelief behind me I glance back at him, "Newt, it's true, don't give me that look." He just hugs me in closer and breathes in deeply. The calm before the storm. 

Hey guys sorry so it took so long to update, I just have a ton of ideas and I need to sort through them all. You guys are amazing and thank you for reading this! See you guys next chapter!