Chapter 12: Rage

I watch in horror as Tina is hit with a bright white light, and falls to the concrete, head snapping. The whole world seems to go silent, my head filled with a buzzing sound. I don't hear myself roar at Grindewald, I launch myself at him fury filling me up, consuming my heart and soul. Oh I am going to kill him. His eyes meet mine, the gaze cackling with energy. He smirks and tilts his head like a cat readying to pounce. We both fire a curse in unison, the red and green colors meet and fire with a cataclysmic boom. The whole building shudders and everyone seems to pause and watch us. Grindewald breaks the curse first, the air still sparking with red and green. I hone my rage pulling it in tight and then releasing it like a whip, the curse almost knocks me off my feet but Grindewald meets it, sweat starting to run down his face. The building rocks with with the curses firing. Grindewald and I seem to be the only people fighting, everything else is silent, I feel my anger pulsing in my magic, as I fire spell after spell. Grindewald finally seems to having a hard time, he is breathing hard his face livid as he matches each of my spells. I grip my case harder, wait my case, I have my case. I don't let my change of plans show as I flick my hand to open the case. Even Grindewald pauses as the Zouwu bursts out of the case a huge gold and red mass. A battle cry cleaves the world as she along side me faces Grindewald again. She bares her foot long fangs and apperates behind Grindewald. I take my same position in front of him, still firing curses as the Zouwu closes in. Trapped Grindewald tries to kill the Zouwu but she darts away and narrows her eyes. I fire another curse, a distraction as she goes for the throat. I watch a small smile on my face as she snaps his  neck. The light leaves his eyes, and I get close enough to whisper in his ear, "Don't underestimate the simple plan." He finally goes limp, finally dead no longer able to terrorize the world, no longer able to spread hate. I put the Zouwu back into the case with a pat and her favorite toy, "Good girl." My hearing starts again  and the battle has returned to full force, the screaming louder and more frantic. I don't pay it any attention as I run to Tina, I have to jump over the six dead followers around her, so brave she was so brave to try to take this all on. Maybe a little stupid, but I wish she would have shared to burden. I reach her and sink to my knees. I cradle her head in my hands and check for a pulse. My whole body slumps with relief as a fell a slight thrum, still alive, still fighting. I feel tears start to slide down my face, my body starts to shake with worry and exhaustion. I am so cold, my magic an empty pit. I barley make the words out, "Tina stay with me, stay with me." Using my last dregs of power I float her in the air, grab her hand and apperate off the roof, away from the battle, away from the senseless hate.

Hey guys, sorry for not updating but I was super busy.... Hope you like the chapter and the alterations I did from the original story! Stay fresh and see you guys next chapter.