Chapter 11: Battle

Tina's P.O.V 

I dodge a green spray of light and fire a red curse right back. Adrenaline is coursing through my veins, my senses on high alert. I let my instincts take over, let my body settle into the battle calm. I try to yell orders, to keep everybody informed but it's hard when my body wants to keep pushing, keep fighting.  I try to look for Newt but I'm too focused on trying to fight my way into the center, to Grindewald. I keep sunning more aurors, my blood roaring, heart surging to the beat of battle.  I try to kill as little as possible, I don't want to stoop down to their level, but sometimes when they try to kill you, you have to kill them.  Each and every person fights hard in the disappearing shadows of night. What Grindewald's followers lack in training they make up for in shear size and will power. They have something we don't, a cause. I shout encouraging words to the rest of the aurors but the words are swallowed up by the sounds of curses, and people. I dare a glance behind me to see how we are faring. Shit, shit  Gridewald's followers had managed to come up from behind us, thoroughly encircling us. Half the battle is who has the upper ground, and more of it, Grindewald had both, I charge forward with a new vigor, we have to win. If we lose I don't think I could ever look at myself in the mirror, I will give everything I got to make sure we win. Sensing my change in pace, the warrior next to me bursts forward as well, shooting curse after curse. We make it to the base of the building that we are fighting around, more followers on the roof, the first being Grindewald. Using stealth is going to better in the situation, then shear force. Relaying on my early training, I use magic to aid me in scaling the wall of the building. It's a fairly easy climb due to the many window sills jutting out, but my finger tips still aches as I poke my head up at the top of the building. I am at the back where the least amount of people are, I flip up my black hood and hoist my self on to the top of the building. Concrete scrapes my knees as a slowly crawl around the edge. I just need to distract Grindewald, so Newt can rally the others, so they can have that fighting chance. I make it to the corner closest to Grindwald without a problem, but without the shadows keeping me cover, I have to step out into the open, to fight. I stand up and act like I belong, like I am a blood thirsty mongrel waiting for someone to make another kill, below. I still don't see Newt's mop of red hair but I don't let myself think about that, not when it can get me killed. I reach Grindewald, or at least close enough to fire a curse. I raise my heavy wand and mutter the stunning curse, crap I hit the person next to him.  I turn to put some distance in between Grindewald and I. I see his head snap in my direction, shit. I know he spots me as he growls, "Tina you're always turning up where you're least wanted", oh I remember those words, like it was yesterday. I let no emotion enter my face, other than death, and maybe a little more than enough sass, "Not trying to woo me this, Grindewald," I cock my head, the portrait of curiosity ,"or are you to busy not fighting your own battles?"  A grimace on his face Grindewald just slices his wand through the air, a bright blue spell flash, I block it my wand arm trembling with the impact. Interesting he is not trying to kill me. I try to fire a counter curse, but he is too quick, light blinds my eyes, and I have resort to tucking and rolling out of the way. Before I can spring to my feet, I feel a boot collide with the back of my head, stars flash and the world tilts and sway, as a stagger back onto to my feet. Grindewald gives me a smile dripping in distaste. My body feels all wrong, I can't tell up from down and the concrete sways. My vision blurs, I turn to the side and throw up, but I must keep fighting, I fire a curse, he actually has to bock it this time. I...I still can't move quickly but I can use magic, I go to cast another spell, but another follower approaches me from the behind, and more start to close in, soon I am fighting six people at once and Grindewald has slipped away. Adrenaline starts pumping in my veins again, the pain goes from an acute whip in my brain to a dull throb. I spin, duck and twist, I keep fighting. One of the fighters barks a curse, I whip around to shoot a spell, while he is distracted and I see Newt Stand outside of the ring surrounding me, fighting better and quicker than I have ever seen him fight. His face is tight in concentration, and one of his hands is still carrying his case. I refocus back on my six people, when an arch of bright white light heads for Newt, still firing hexes, I run toward his exposed back as the spell hits me square in the chest, the last thing I see is Newts horrified face as I fall down, down, down, onto the concrete, not dead but I am  going to pass out as soon as I hit the roof. The last thing I hear is Grindewald's voice echoing in my head, "Oh we will have fun with you," and Newt screaming, screaming in such an animal way, more a roar. Then I feel my body collide with the concrete and the world fades to black. 

Hi guys, I don't have much to say, except that I hope you like this chapter and things are going to get very interesting from here! Stay fresh, see you guys next chapter.