Chapter 15: News

Newt's P.O.V 

My ears are still ringing from Queenie's lecture, "Beds empty! No note! Case gone ... could have died ... out of my mind with worry ... did you care? ... never, as long as I've lived ... you wait until Jacob gets here, we never had trouble like this from Credence or Nagini or Jacob ..."
"Perfect Nagini," I made the mistake of muttering.
"YOU COULD DO WITH TAKING A LEAF OUT OF NAGINI'S BOOK!" With an argument like that, I'm surprised that Queenie left me still standing, but before she could touch me, she ran to her sister and pulled her into a gentle hug. That's where she is now, quietly crying and talking softly with Tina, who's face is also slick with tears. I am sitting on the couch in the corner of the sunlight room, I hear a knock on the door, I glance at Tina and then open the door. A petite nurse is standing in the hall, she smiles at me and clarifies her visit, "Tina's blood work came in, I would like to go over it with both of you, and only you," a pointed glance at Queenie. She sighs with displeasure but leaves the room and closes the door with a click. The nurse sits at the little table by the bed, and motions for me to come closer. Her secrecy worries me, I grab Tina's hand squeezing gently. It helps my nerves just a little, and I feel Tina relax beside me. The nurse pulls out a note pad, with some official looking papers. She meets Tina and I each in the eye, and says, "we ran some muggle like blood tests to see if Tina has any infection or internal problems other than we know about,"I give Tina a nervous glance, is something wrong with her? "Gladly, Tina has nothing wrong other than a concussion and some bruised bones but the tests brought up something interesting." Tina looks at me worried this time. The nurse breaks into a grin and exclaims, "Mrs. Scamander you are pregnant!" Me world freezes at the words, did I hear her right? Tina's face is a mirror of my own as the nurse leaves the room, "I'll let the news sink in." I plop down on the bed next to Tina and ask allowed, "pregnant?" She just nods and softly buries her head into my chest. "Where you going to tell me this before you went into battle or after you died?," more then just a little bite to my voice. Tina tries to lift her head as she says, "I wasn't even sure Newt, not completely, but you wouldn't have let me go and they needed me. I knew I wouldn't die, Newt. Newt listen to me," desperation laces every word. "Why, Tina do you feel that you need to always sacrifice yourself? Do you feel that you are expendable?" I don't mean for the words to come out in that tone, but I can't control it. She didn't think that she is worth as much as any of us and it kills me. Tina just gives me a glare and rolls over mumbling, "I thought you would be happier, when I told you." That very comment makes the whole world turn red.

Hey guys, sorry I didn't update but I got to go to Harry Potter land! It was so fun!! Stay fresh cheese bags, see you guys next chapter!