Soaring Down From A Hundred-Foot Pagoda Part 5

Zhang Wuji's eyes followed his uncle closely; he waited until they were about five feet apart before his palm gently patted his uncle's waist. In this one palm he had unleashed the ultimate power of the 'qian kun da nuo yi' [the great shifting and moving of the universe]; by absorbing and releasing energy he dispersed the falling down momentum from top to bottom to from left to right, and thus sending Yu Lianzhou flying horizontally several feet to the side. By that time his internal energy had been recovered 70, 80%; flipping his body midair he landed steadily on the ground. In one fluid motion his palm struck a Mongolian warrior that he spurted blood from his mouth.

"Da Shige [first martial (older) brother], Si Shidi! [fourth martial (younger) brother]," he loudly called out, "Jump down!"

The people on the Pagoda cheered as they saw Yu Lianzhou land safely on the ground. Out of his deep love toward his son, Song Yuanqiao wanted him to jump down first. "Qingshu," he said, "You jump down!"

Ever since they came out of their prisons, Song Qingshu had always been standing up next to Zhou Zhiruo. "Miss Zhou," he said, "Quickly jump down."

Zhou Zhiruo's internal strength had not been recovered yet; she was unable to help her master, yet she was unwilling to escape alone. Hearing Song Qingshu, she shook her head and said, "I am going to wait for Shifu!"

By this time He Taichong, Ban Shuxian, and the others had jumped down one after another; they were all intercepted by Zhang Wuji using the marvelous power of the 'qian kun da nuo yi' to the fullest; breaking the vertical force of the drop, turning it horizontally, delivering them all one by one from danger.

These people's internal energy had not been fully recovered yet, but although their strength was only 50, 60% of their normal level, they had already given the foreign monks and the warriors a lot of trouble. Yu Lianzhou and the others snatched some weapons and they formed a fence around Zhang Wuji.

Wang Baobao's and Zhao Min's subordinates were trying to stop Zhang Wuji, but Yu Lianzhou, He Taichong, Ban Shuxian and the others blocked them. One more person jumped down from the Pagoda meant one more person was protecting Zhang Wuji. Ever since these people were being held captives by Zhao Min, they had suffered innumerable humiliations and a lot of them even lost their fingers. This time they were freed from their bondage, all of them were staking whatever they have, venting their anger. In a short moment the ground around the Pagoda was littered by more than twenty warriors' corpses.

Seeing the unfavorable situation, Wang Baobao issued an order, "Get my special archer force over here!"

Captain Ha was just turning his body around to carry out the Young Prince's order when he saw the sky toward the southeast corner was bright with fire. He was shocked and immediately called out, "Xiao Wangye, the Palace is on fire! We must hurry to save Wangye!"

Wang Baobao was concerned over his father's safety, he could not be bothered by catching or killing some rebelling thieves. "Meizi, [younger sister – term of endearment]" he hastily said, "I am going back to the Palace. You must be careful!" Without waiting for Zhao Min to answer he turned his horse around and galloped away to the exit.

As Wang Baobao left, the Eighteen Buddha Warriors followed; as did most of the palace guards. They saw the Palace was on fire and thought that a large number of rebels had attacked the Palace, they were very anxious; nobody guessed it was a trick played by Wei Yixiao, one person.

Meanwhile Song Qingshu, Song Yuanqiao, Zhang Songxi, Mo Shenggu, and the others had jumped down from the Pagoda. Very soon the situation was reversed, the warriors were outnumbered. A little later Kong Wen Fang Zhang [Abbot Kong Wen], Kong Zhi Dashi [Reverend Kong Zhi], as well as the senior monks from the Damo Hall and Luohan Hall had also jumped down. Zhao Min's warriors lost any chance to gain victory.