Sabre And Sword Lost, People Perish Part 2

Seeing her frowning and a bit angry, Zhang Wuji's heart was touched; he hugged her tender and soft body and said in a low voice, "Zhiruo, when we met on the River Han when we were both little, I have never imagined there will come a day like today. On the Brightness Peak I was alone facing four elders from Kunlun and Huashan, two sects; you gave me directions and saved my life. At that time I appreciated your loving care to me, but I did not dare to have any absurd thoughts."

Leaning on his bosom, Zhou Zhiruo said, "That day I stabbed you with a sword, don't you hate me?"

"You did not stab me on the chest," Zhang Wuji replied, "That's why I knew that you secretly have a feeling toward me."

"Pei!" Zhou Zhiruo spat, her cheeks blushed, she said, "If I knew early on that you are going to say that, I'd stab your chest, kill you neat and clean, so I'd avoid being bullied by you later on, listening to your nonsense."

Zhang Wuji embraced her tighter and said, "Hereafter my love to you will be doubled or tripled, we are husband and wife, two people one body; how can I mistreat you?"

Zhou Zhiruo leaned some more to look at his face; she said, "What if I wrong you or offend you, will you hit me, scold me, kill me?"

Zhang Wuji's face was only several inches apart from her egg shaped face, he felt her breath was like an orchid; he could not restrain from kissing her left cheek gently while saying, "You are such a gentle and cultured lady, a dignified, worthy, warm and virtuous wife; how can you make a mistake?"

Zhou Zhiruo gently caressed the back of his neck. "Even a saint erred," she said, "Since I was little I had never had a father and a mother to instruct me. It would be difficult not to mess up sometimes."

"Whatever your mistake is, I can advise you nicely," Zhang Wuji said.

"Will you always be faithful to me?" Zhou Zhiruo asked, "Are you sure you won't ever kill me?"

Zhang Wuji kissed her gently on her forehead; "Don't have absurd ideas," he said in a tender voice, "How can there be such thing?"

With a trembling voice Zhou Zhiruo said, "I want you to promise me with your own mouth."

"All right!" Zhang Wuji laughed, "I will always be faithful to you. I won't ever kill you."

Staring at his eyes, Zhou Zhiruo said, "I don't want you to joke around. I want you to take this seriously."

Zhang Wuji laughed, "I wonder how many weird thoughts are in this small head of yours?" he said, while thinking in his heart, "Because I have shown feeling towards Zhao Min, Xiao Zhao and Biaomei that it is difficult for her to trust me. But from now on, how can there be this matter?" Thereupon he wiped the smile from his face and solemnly said, "Zhiruo, you are my beloved wife. Formerly I was double-minded [lit. three hearts two intentions]. I hope you won't blame my past. From now on, I will always be faithful to you. Even if you make any mistake, I won't blame you or scold you."

"Wuji Gege [big brother Wuji]," Zhou Zhiruo said, "You are a real man; you must remember your own words to me tonight." Looking at the rising bright moon she said, "The moon in the sky is our witness."

"That's right," Zhang Wuji said, "You are totally correct, the moon in the sky is our witness." Still holding Zhou Zhiruo in his bosom, he looked at the bright moon on the horizon and said, "Zhiruo, all my life I have suffered a lot because of other people's deceits, I don't know the amount of pain I have endured since my childhood; I lost track already. It was only on the Binghuo [ice and fire] Island, when I was with Father, Mother and Yifu, that I enjoyed peace without falling into other people's deceitful schemes. The first time I arrived at the Central Plains [zhong yuan], I met with a beggar with a snake. He deceived me into poking my head into his sack to take a closer look; unexpectedly he covered the sack over my head and kidnapped me. How could I guess that after going through life and death situation together, sharing the same trials and tribulations; on the very first night we arrived on this little island, Zhao Min has put violent poison in our food?"