Should Fate Bring You To Me

Kyungsoo hadn't really thought about another relationship ever since his last boyfriend cheated on him. He loved that guy, really loved him, they had even started talking about their future together, but while he was out of town for a year and a half, he had cheated on Kyungsoo with a man he met at a bar. Kyungsoo was heartbroken, of course, he had cooped up in the house for a week straight before he came to his senses and decided that he really didn't care. What had been done, had been done, what was in the past was in the past. So he put on his big boy pants and resumed his work like he hadn't cried over a man who absolutely did not deserve it.

He had then continued to enjoy his life for two whole years, and didn't really put any effort in finding someone as he focused on himself and his career. As his ex-boyfriend was unnecessarily possessive while they were in a relationship, he had let go of most of his friends, so the next two years were spent finding himself again and reconnecting with lost friends. It was kind of hilarious, reflecting on how self conscious his ex-boyfriend was; the man would literally got jealous of Kyungsoo's female friends, and no matter how many times Kyungsoo would assure him that he was gay, he just wouldn't understand. And what was worse, the guy would even get jealous of Kyungsoo's bestfriend, who was in a rooted relationship himself.

Despite the fact that he was in love back then, Kyungsoo was already tired of how the guy would even go so far as to argue with Baekhyun on Kyungsoo's Instagram post. Always assuming Kyungsoo to cheat on him, but in the end he was the one who cheated. Perhaps, Kyungsoo mused, it was best the relationship ended how it did, if not Kyungsoo doubt he'd ever let himself see how toxic it really was.

Then Kyungsoo met Park Chanyeol by chance.

He, however, believed that his meeting with Chanyeol was something that was already written upon their fates, because it was so random that he highly doubt a mere coincidence could even begin to cover it.

Kyungsoo had gone to a newly established vehicle repairing shop a few blocks down his house because his motorbike was making weird noises whenever he took it out for a ride, and the breaks were loosening too- Kyungsoo wasn't exactly the best at taking care of motorbikes despite the fact that he had owned one for the better part of his adulthood. One of the mechanic there happened to be (really) hot, and Kyungsoo immediately noticed him, although he didn't have any hope that he'd get something out of it. It was just that it had been a while since he was attracted to someone, even as a passing, and he figured there was no harm in some innocent crush he probably would never see again.

However, fate seemed to prove him wrong as just after a month or so, Baekhyun's car malfunctioned and he had begged Kyungsoo to take it to a mechanic to fix it. Kyungsoo refused at first, citing his piling work and the fact that Baekhyun could very well take it himself, but Baekhyun had whined about having a date with Sehun and eventually resorted to bribing Kyungsoo with a new oven. And even Do Kyungsoo wilted at the prospect of having a new oven to replace his old one that was a decade or so old.

Maybe it was his subconscious, or maybe it was just fate nudging him along, but Kyungsoo somehow ended up at the same shop from before.

The handsome mechanic was, fortunately, still the one who gave him service. This time, however, Kyungsoo felt the mechanic's eyes on him unlike before when he was completely professional and politely detached. If Kyungsoo made a point of swinging his hips when he was sure the man was watching, well, you couldn't really fault him for enjoying the attention after years of nothing. And if he went so far as to make a point of hanging off of the mechanic's every word during their brief conversation while he was fixing up the car, well, Kyungsoo never claimed to be a saint.

The most interesting bit in their story might as well be when, that very same night, Kyungsoo got a text from an unknown number. He had first thought of ignoring it, but his curiosity was piqued and he was bored and he thought nothing to lose, and ended up opening it.