Chapter 6: Wall

Despite the fear that gripped her heart, Anya could not look away. Her gaze felt magnetized to this stranger's eyes. She was captivated by his ruby red gems. They seemed to darken the longer she observed them, until they began to resemble obsidian. A deep growl tore through the clearing. Abruptly, Anya found herself slung onto a muscular back as she was pulled from the cold snow.

"Father," Anya breathed as the forest blurred around them. Golden eyes flicked towards Anya, but no response was given. Tightening her grip, Anya pressed herself closer to her father's back.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, burying her head into his messy locks.

"Not now Flow-" Ezra's command was cut off as a startled cry left Anya.

Landing on the dampening snow, Anya felt as though her scalp was detached from her head. Reaching to sooth the ache, Anya's hand met another's as she was ripped from the ground.

"Do all vegetarians keep pets?" A male spoke, roughly pulling Anya's head back.

Whimpering, Anya peered up at the man's daunting figure through tear filled eyes.

"So it would seem Felix," Spoke a familiar voice.

Straining her neck, Anya caught sight of a familiar head of pin straight black hair. The man who had spoke just before her mishap.

"Let her go," Ezra growled lowly.

Through blurry eyes, Anya watched as the black-haired man tilted his head.

"I do not believe you are in a position to make such a demand...Ezra."

Tensing, Ezra glared as more figures appeared around them.

"Aro, please. Our business is done...let us go in peace," Carlisle spoke as he cautiously approached the man.

"It is not done! Behold Aro, they are nothing, but deceitful liars! You cannot trust them," Scowled an angry blond man.

With a pause, Aro observed the men before him. Turning, he motioned to Felix.

"Bring her forward," He commanded.

Abruptly, Anya found herself peering fearfully up at Aro.

"Who are you child," Aro questioned with a smile.

Frozen in fear, Anya found herself unable to speak. With a twitch, Aro looked towards the man holding her.

"Felix, surely that is no way to hold a lady."

Slowly, Anya felt her hair being released. The aching in her head increased tenfold causing her eyes to squint as she exhaled a wince. As her eyes opened, Anya watched a pale hand reach for her own. Fearfully, Anya tried to avoid contact, but Aro was quicker. His grip was firm, but not painful as she had expected. His face was almost vacant for a short moment before a large smile overtook his face.

"A human, raise solely by a vampire...how fascinating," Aro spoke as he released her hand.

Unsure of what to do, Anya wrapped her arms around her tiny waist as she shivered in place. There was silence. Timidly, Anya glanced upward and watched as Aro's face crinkled with thought.

"You know more of our kind than your own."

Confused, Anya glanced around at the vampires surrounding her. Was Aro asking her a question or making a statement? Slowly, Anya nodded towards the man.

"Ha! What a magnificent discovery," Aro cheered. "What an interesting vampire you will make."

Startled, Anya's eyes widened in fear.

"No!" Ezra exclaimed as he lurched forward, grabbing his beloved daughter.

As quickly as he had held her, he was ripped away. Trembling, Anya watched as her father thrashed in the arms of Felix and another man.

"Oh come now Ezra, how did you expect her to ever leave you?" Aro spoke. "Or was it that you hoped she never would?"

Anya watched as Felix gripped her thrashing father's throat with a gasp. Darting forward, Anya felt herself immediately slingshot back into a cold wall. Grunting, she wiggled against the wall in a futile attempt to gain her freedom. A low vibration reverberated through the wall behind her. Immediately, Anya froze. Slowly, she glanced over her shoulder. Silky brown hair, a chiseled jaw, and two darkening pools of blood red greeted her.

Anya felt her breath leave as she spoke, "You are most definitely not a wall."

Sorry for the delay everyone! Life has been hectic for me lately. I hope you all understand and enjoyed this chapter. :) What do you think happens next?