Chapter 7: Anything

Anya studied the eyes before her. They were the same deepening pools of red that captivated her at the tree line.

"Ah," Anya winced as pain blossomed from her wrist. "You-You're hurting me," she stuttered.

The male's grip tightened in response causing Anya to release a pained squeak.

"Let her go, witch!" Ezra snarled.

Felix chuckled as he flexed his hand, "You would do well to remember your place, nomad."

Aro sighed as he took in the scene around him.

"What company you keep, Carlisle."

Turning, Aro's eyes locked onto Edward's scowling face.

"You must have worked very hard to hide her from me, Edward. Only one glimpse of her shimmering hair on a snowy day. How deceitful," Aro mocked.

Edwards eyes narrowed as he muttered, "She has nothing to do with today."

"Is that so," Aro pondered.

"The girl poses no threat to our kind, Aro. Surely you can see that," Carlisle reasoned.

Shifting his gaze, Aro spoke.

"Of course I can."

The forest was silent as those gathered took in the statement.

"Then let them go," Demanded Edward.

"They are not prisoners Edward. We are merely...gathering information," Aro smiled.

"For what?" Growled Ezra. "So you can bask in our pain before you end us? I refuse."

Spit landed on Aro's shoe with a harsh splat. A strained smile overtook him before he spoke,

"Jane."

Immediately, Ezra's form contorted and his jaw locked. Yells of agony stained through his clenched teeth. With a chuckle, Felix released him.

"Father!" Anya yelled as she watched Ezra crumple to the snowy floor. Struggling against the stony arms holding her, she panicked.

"What is happening? What are you doing to him?" She cried.

The more she struggled, the tighter her cage became.

"Please stop! I'll do anything you ask, just please leave my father!" Anya pleaded.

"Anything?" Aro questioned calmly.

Shouts of protest left her newfound friends as her desperate answer tumbled out, "Yes, anything!"

"Jane."

As quickly as they came, Ezra's cries died out. His form remained crumbled weakly.

"Father," Anya whispered in worry.

With a grunt, she pushed against her captor.

Chuckling, Aro spoke, "You may release her, Alec."

Relieved, Anya propelled herself forward. With a startled squeak, she found herself pressed forcefully against the chest of her captor. A growl reverberated around her.

"Alec?" Aro questioned as he gazed curiously at the scene before him.

Turning her gaze upward, Anya's face crinkled in confusion. His gaze was piercing, never once wavering as his superiors called out to him. A small, porcelain hand came into view as it lightly gripped his shoulder,

"Brother?"

With a growl, Alec tightened his grip around her waist. A small mewl of pain slipped past Anya's lips as she tried to maintain composure. The blond, Jane, observed her brother's behavior with disbelief.

"He is overwhelmed by her scent...he is beyond himself," Spoke Edward.

"Aro," Came the soft baritone voice of Marcus. Promptly, Aro was beside his brother. Gripping the offered hand, Aro's face drew blank. Abruptly, joyous laughter sprung from the Volturi leader.

"La tua cantante! Just as our young Bella was to Edward. How magnificent," Aro exclaimed.

How do you like it so far? I love hearing feedback and knowing what you enjoy about my story. :)