Baby Birds in the Graveyard

(Tim's POV:)

            "Hey mom, hey dad, I miss you guys. I know, I know I look tired but don't worry, I've been trying to get more sleep lately. Yeah that's my brother Jason, over there. Yes, the one leaning against the entrance gate looking super angsty. I'd get him to say hi... but he doesn't really like cemeteries. No he's not a bad influence. Alright, well, he's not that bad of an influence but if you ignore most of what he says then you'll be fine. 

Yes my grades are still doing good, I missed a few days of school last week but it wasn't anything important, I learned most of what I know from Bruce and Alfred, and the internet, anyways. Oh yeah, I brought you guys something." I knelt down and placed a picture on my mom's gravestone, I'd found it the other day while going through my parents old evidence file. It was one my dad took of my mom and me when I was four, my mom had covered the wall in a tarp and we were throwing wet spaghetti at it. We were both laughing in that picture, it was one of those pictures taken at just the right moment when the people being photographed weren't aware of the camera and their smiles were still genuine.

"I like this picture, Dad you were always so quiet with your camera so you could try and get moms smile-"

"You ready yet Timbers?" Jason called from down the hill, he was standing at the entrance gate, leaning his shoulder against one of the dark angel statues looking at his phone.

"Yeah, just give me a second!" I called back to him, standing up and shoving my hands in my pockets. "I have to go now, but I'll come by again soon. Love you." I smiled at their stones before I turned away and walked down the path towards Jason.

"You sure you don't want to say hi?"

"I've already spent enough time in these places Timbo I'll say hi to them when I'm dead."

"Last time I checked they're not going to be the same place as you." I teased, sticking my tongue out at him. Jason smirked and flicked my nose.

"Watch it kid or I'm going to have to kick your ass."

"Oh yeah I'd like to see you try!" I laughed and Jason grabbed my head ruffling my hair with his hand. We walked out of the cemetery laughing and taunting each other. A gust of wind blew against us as we walked down the street, I didn't realize It at the time but I'd forgotten to put a rock to way down the picture I'd left my parents. It was my only copy of that picture.