Late Nights, Liars, and Laughter

Requested by Carmat1

https://www.wattpad.com/user/Carmat1

Thanks so much for the request!! This was very fun to write, I hope you like it!

(Let me know if you have a batfam idea you'd like me to write for you!)

         "Liars. All of them." I mumbled to myself, pacing back and forth tapping my pencil against the palm of my hand. They were all liars. I sat down at my desk just to get back up again. This shouldn't aggravate me as much as it does. I am a fierce warrior. I don't need to rely on others. I don't rely on anyone. When you out all your trust in someone they can only let you down. I was stupid enough to make that mistake, and now I am paying for it. I heard my phone buzz from where I'd left it on my desk, peering over it I saw another message from Grayson. He was apologizing. Again. I turned my phone on silent and continued pacing. It was 1:46 A.M. I only had a few hours until the sun rose and I could begin my training without Pennyworth telling father that I was, "Practicing unhealthy habits." I did not want father knowing this, then he would think something wrong and try to talk to me about it. It was better for both of us if neither talked about anything like this.

      I sat down on my bed sighing into my hands, trying to organize my thoughts. 'Stop being such a child. So what if Grayson isn't coming for another three weeks. Do not let you emotions control your actions.' I took a breath and stood up again, running through my thoughts one last time. I tried to convince myself that it wasn't just that Grayson had postponed his visit that was upsetting me, it was a number of thing that had happened the last few weeks. I was that Father was treating me as if I was an incompetent child. He had shutdown the Batcomputer in the cave so I wouldn't have access to any new case files (Drake was useless and refused to offer any assistance), Father barley let me join him on patrol, and he... he hadn't said anything to me in two days. Not that any of that upset me, because none of it mattered.

'Your time here has made you soft.' My mother's voice rang in my ears, she had of course never said this to me but I am certain if she saw me here she would say this.

'You are a disappoin-' Her imaginary voice was cut off by the buzz of my phone on my desk, even though the ringer was off it still vibrates for whatever reason. A clear flaw in the design.

"State your business."

"D- Damian?"

"Ah, Wilkes I didn't expect to hear from you. Are you ok-, ahem, is there a problem?"

"Just a bad dream."

"Scarecrow?"

"Scarecrow." I could hear the obvious disturbance in his voice, as well as the slight tremor indicating fear. Scarecrow had escaped from Arkham three days ago and hadn't been seen since. Wilkes was afraid that he might be trying to find him since Wilkes had been shutting down some of his fear toxin labs.

"It would not hinder me if you were to come over."

"Really?" I heard happiness and relief his voice when he heard my response.

"I will have food for us as well as a spare mattress for you in case you feel the need to stay over."

"Like a sleepover?"

"No. This is not a sleepover. A sleepover is an occasion of spending the night away from home, or of having a guest or guests spend the night in one's home, especially as a party for children. We are not children, this is simply a convenient room sharing opportunity for the both of us."

"So its a sleepover?"

"Wilkes what is your point?"

"Nothing, I'll be at your place soon." He said, I could tell he was smiling when he said it. "And just call me Colin we've been over this Damian."

"Tt."

I heard a tap on my window and rose from my bed to take out the screen.

"I have a fully functioning door you know."

"I know. It's just more fun this way, also I didn't know if anyone else was home and I don't really feel like seeing anyone else right now. I mean no offence you family's great-"

"My 'family' is a hoard of buffoons." He laughed crawling through the window, and giving me a hug to which I returned the friendly gesture by not throwing him back out the window (I might have possible put my arm around him however this is because I was concerned for his well being after his nightmare).

"Oh Damian I also invited-"

"Hey hey insomniacs! What's the word!?" I heard an all too familiar voice call from the window, I looked over to see Jon Kent levitating outside my window, I'd have to instal more motion detecting cameras by that window later.

"Tt. Kent."

"Not really the enthusiasm I wanted but I'll take it! Hey Colin, what's up?"

"Just the usual, bad dreams." He said with a weak smile, I could tell he was attempting at coming off as tough but I knew his dream had shaken him up more than he'd like to admit.

"So is this like a sleepover?"

"Yes."

"No. No it is definitely not a sleepover." I corrected, giving Colin a warning look. I did not want a kryptonian sleeping in my room, nor did the prospect of a sleepover interest me in the slightest. Colin just looked at me in the way he does when he thinks I'm not being truthful. I am being truthful, however I let him continue talking to Kent without interrupting.

"He doesn't like to call it that, so let's just say it's a 'convenient room sharing opportunity between friends'." I just rolled my eyes while he and Jon laughed childishly. I pulled out the spare mattress and splayed it beside my bed, adorning it with soft pillow and the plush blankets I know Colin likes. Not that I'm being nice. I pull out a sleeping bag in case Colin wants one. Very well, I might possibly have pulled out another one for Kent however this is because I wish to please Father and have him realize how mature I can be when dealing with kryptonians, and not because of any other reasons.

We all took a seat on the mattress I had laid out on the floor and Colin grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around himself and grinning like a child. I was glad to see him smiling.

"Do you have any snacks Dami?" Colin asks, peaking his head out of his blanket wrap to look at me. I sign, of course they wish to take my food.

"Yes, downstairs. I shall make the three of us pancakes."

"Yaaaay! Pancakes!!" The both of them chime at the same time, I roll my eyes and head downstairs. Jon and Colin follow me down to the kitchen and Jon immediately goes for the cabinet where we keep the chips. Colin however goes to the cabinet where we keep jars of candy. I grab some ingredients from the pantry as well as a mixing bowl.

"Do you know how to make pancakes Damian?" Jon asks sceptically, dumping his arm full of chips by the door.

"Tt. Of course I know how to make pancakes, it is one of the simplest, uncomplicated, elementary, straightforward-"

"Damian you just brought out lemon juice and quail eggs."

"Tt. Very well Kent maybe I do not know of the way to make pancakes." Colin coughed and elbowed me gently in the ribs. "However I would like it if you would teach Colin." Another cough followed by a gentle elbow. "Very well! Teach the both of us Kent."

"You got it. Ok first let's put the lemon juice and away and take out some flour, sugar, milk, lots more sugar..."

       I admit, Jon does have skill with baking. He may not be experienced when it comes to the art of crime fighting but, to quote Colin, "Hot damn Jon you can make a good batch of pancakes!" After preparing the pancakes we agreed to watch a movie on the big screen in the living room. Jon and I shared a blanket so Colin could have one for himself in order to create a blanket burrito around himself. Colin said he wouldn't watch The Walking Dead, and I did not wish to watch Ouran Highschool Host Club with Jon so we agreed upon an interesting series entitled Sanders Sides. I can't remember making a conscious decision to fall asleep but I awoke the next morning with Colin's head on my chest and Jon's feet near my face. I did not wish to disturb either of them (although I did consider removing Jon's feet. From my face of course, I wouldn't mean anything else...) so I decided to lay in wait of their rising. I decided I would forgive Grayson for postponing his visit.