Chapter 1

Frost watched in horror as her owners started to leave and exit the door quickly, leaving her and her kit alone. "Mama, where are they going?" Cinder, her kit, asked as she woke up from her slumber.

"I don't know, they grabbed all their things and left." She murmured. Her eyes clouded with worry as she fought to figure out what to do.

'Maybe I should wait for one more night and see if they come back in the morning.' The white she-cat thought to herself. Cinder's belly grumbled with hungry, the small kit looked up at her mother with dull crystal blue eyes.

Mama, I'm hungry!" Cinder whined.

Frost sighed and stared at a window, she saw Mimi, the cat from the next garden, sitting on her fence. 'Maybe I could as her if I could get some of her food for Cinder?' Frost thought in her mind.

"Come, let's ask Mimi for food." Frost meowed.

Cinder's blue eyes sparkled as she hopped up from their bed and waited for her mother by the cat door. "Come on, come on! I want to see Mimi!" Cinder yowled happily.

Mimi had been one of her closest friends and also Rocky who usually stayed inside his owners home. Sometimes he would be sunning himself on a patch of grass in his garden. They exited the home and walked up to the fence. "Hey Mimi!" Frost called from the ground.

The dark gray-and-black she-cat looked down and smiled warmly as she saw her friends. Mimi jumped down from the wood brown fence with her gray eyes glittering with amusement as Cinder pounced on a green crisp leaf. "What can I do for you?" Mimi purred in delight.

"Well, our owners left us and took all the food and-" Frost began.

"Well that's unfortunate, but if they took all the food you can have some of mine. My owners usually leave it out." The dark gray-and-black she-cat interrupted as she gestured with her tail for them to follow her.

"Come on Cinder, let's get some food for your belly!" Frost purred at her beautiful daughter.

"Alright, mama!" She meowed.