Chapter 2

Once they had finished eating, Mimi had offered them to stay in her home. But Frost had told her they were going to stay in their own home for one night. The sky darkened as the moon rose high in the sky with stars twinkling.

'Lionheart, I miss you!' Frost thought to herself.

When she was younger and didn't have Cinder, she had met a Clan-cat. He had been very friendly to her, and they instantly fell in love. Frost could remember clearly when she had told him she was expecting his kit.

Frost waited for Lionheart in their secret hiding place. She was inside her garden it had a small house outside for the dog that used to live here. Her white fur glowed in the moonlight as she waited for her mate. A few heartbeats later she saw her mate's golden tabby pelt shimmering in the moonlight.

"Lionheart!" Frost purred as she padded up to him and brushed muzzles.

"I'm glad to see you again!" He whispered in delight. They padded into the small dog house and settled down inside entwining their tails together.

"I have something to tell you," Frost meowed. "I'm having your kit!" Frost looked into his deep amber eyes which gleamed with love.

"I'm so happy for you, for us!" Lionheart purred. He pressed his muzzle to her cheek purring loudly.

Frost licked his muzzle snuggling up next to him. How could he see his kit when he was always in ThunderClan? She sighed closing her blue eyes, as her breathing slowed and she soon was fast asleep.

Frost shook her head as she saw Cinder bouncing in circles with her white underbelly full of food. Frost giggled as the young kit flopped down on the ground with exhaustion.

"Come on, you little energetic kit. Time for bed." She purred.

Cinder looked up and yawned, "okay!" She meowed sleepily. Frost nudged her kit inside the home as she glanced back one finally time hoping to see Lionheart again.

"Mama?" Cinder asked as she stood in front of her.

Frost shook her head and smiled warmly at her daughter. "Yes?" The white queen asked.

"I'm scared, why did our owners leave us? Did they not like me?" Cinder asked worriedly. Frost guided her to their bed and they settled down until they were comfortable.

"Don't worry my kit, they loved you. They just had some issues with the home and couldn't take care of us anymore, so they left. But I will take care of you no matter what." Frost meowed trying to reassure herself as well as she finished speaking.

Cinder's eyes had a spark of hope as she curled up to sleep. In a few heartbeats she was fast asleep. Frost sighed and looked out the window. She had always wondered why Lionheart hadn't visited her after she had told him she was expecting Cinder. She sighed and moved Cinder closer with her tail, she slowly closed her eyes wondering what had happened to her mate until sleep overtook her.