byeonkwan

You had always sought comfort admits the thousands of books and billions of words, amongst the silence with nothing but your imagination

You had always sought comfort admits the thousands of books and billions of words, amongst the silence with nothing but your imagination. The local library was your haven, it took you away and kept you company, it gave a reassuring vibe and a good feeling in the pit of your stomach.
Many teenagers your age would be at internet cafés or out shopping for the newest outfit. Of course, like any other human you loved to do those in your spare time but reading was always on top of the list.

Clouded with many images of a brave heroine, you didn't realise that someone had taken a seat next to you. You heard the flipping of a page and that's when you acknowledge the presence next to you.

You looked up through your glasses and saw a teenage boy around the same age as you, his cotton candy pink hair was covering his eyes as his full lips pouted slightly. The boy looked really focused so you didn't pay any mind to him.

Many hours had passed and soon realised what time it was, the story you had read was too intriguing that you couldn't put it down. A small yawn left your lips as you stretched you sweater sleeve covered arms, noticing the beautiful boy next to you. The boy was asleep, light snores leaving his plump lips, you looked around and realised that the library was nearly empty and the sun had started to set. Pulling out your phone from your pocket, you saw that it was twenty minutes until the library closed.

You reached a hand over to the boy to shake him away. After a few moments, the boy opened his eyes and looked around unaware of your presence, until his eyes land on you.
He stares at you awkwardly, making you uncomfortable.
"Did I fall asleep" his velvety voice drifts into your ears, making a fuzz of red adorn your cheeks.
"Uh... I guess so. Uh... bye-" You quickly get up, picking up your book, bag and scarf, not looking back, in a hurry.

The only thing you saw as you ran were your feet, the red on your cheeks were too prominent, that boy was too handsome.
"Hey!" You heard a shout, you looked up and saw a bookcase in your way, you legs were now moving on their own accord, bringing your hands up to your face to protect yourself.
But the contact or pain didn't come, your eyes were squinted, you peeled them open and was met with the same pink hair you saw earlier.

"I-uh..."
"You should be looking where you're going." The boy balances you on your feet and doesn't spare you a second glances as he walks out of the library. And that's when you heart started to develop a crush.