Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR

— OAKLEY HALSTON —

— OAKLEY HALSTON —

Four days after the biker bar adventure I sit alone in my room trying to organize my new book bag for my first day of classes, that was only three days away. I continuously muttered under my breath as my eyes bounced back and forth from the mountain of textbooks to the pile of binders. The floor of our room looked like a war zone, well an academic one.

There were flash cards, notebook paper, highlighters and pencils covering the carpet rug I had brought. I had also already printed all the syllabi from my professors and had the scattered around.

My slightly OCD self was on the verge of having a meantal breakdown when the door joining the two suites, opened abruptly.

"What are you doing?" Danielle asked while barging in and taking a seat on the floor near me.

It slightly irritated me the way she came in without knocking and sat down but I push the feeling down and answer her semi-cheerfully.

"Trying to organize this mess." I say motioning the array of school supplies before me.

"Oh damn. Girl I haven't even gone to buy supplies yet." She glances around the room before asking. "Where is Taytum?"

"Her grandparents live near by, they took her out to dinner." I tell her while grabbing a stack of paper and tearing the plastic off.

"Hazel went out too." She mutters looking quite bored. "I hate sitting around."

"True." I am only half heartedly listening to her as she begins to ramble on about whatever Hazel was doing.

"Are you even listening to me?" She questions as I label each if my notebooks for what classes they will be use for.

"Of course."

"I dont feel like you are." She pouts placing her arms across her chest.

Getting fed up with her and the task before be i place the notebooks on my lap on the to the floor and stand up.

"Im running to walmart, do you wanna go?"

"Ooo yes! Let me grab my shoes." She all But exclaims before running back to her room. 

"Do you want to grab dinner after?" I yell

"Ooo yes! Wear something cute so we can take a picture of instagram." I roll my eyes and huff, walking over to my wardrobe.

I pull out a black ruffed tube top and demin skirt before changing out of my thick black sweat pants and tanktop. I knew it was  still close to eighty degrees outside despite the sun going down so i opted for a more light coverage outfit.

I grab my small crossbody purse from my desk and throw it on before slipping a pair of white vans on.

Danielle appears just momets after wearing a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a white off the shoulder top.