~24.Suspended~

Vanessa's POV

Grayson was driving as fast as he could because we were about to miss the 3rd period too. As soon as we arrived we quickly got out of his car and ran to school. We got in and saw everyone out. It was still lunchtime so we had some time to grab something to eat. My stomach hurt so much from hunger. I hadn't eaten for at least 12 hours. As we were walking into the cafeteria I saw one of Roni's friends coming towards me.

-"Hi, Vanessa." One of them said and started checking out Grayson. "I really can't understand why are you wasting your time with her."

-"Shut up, Valerie. What do you want?"

-"Your boyfriend." She said and got closer to Grayson.

-"Cut the shit. We are leaving." I said and pushed her away pulling Grayson with me.

-"Okay, wait. I wanted to ask you where your sister is. She hasn't answered my calls or texted me since yesterday."

-"She..." I didn't know what to say. She didn't want them to know about this.

-"She is grounded. Her parents took her phone away too." Grayson quickly said.

-"Veronica Merrell is grounded? Geez, how did she gave her phone away?" She said full of suspicion.

-"She didn't have a choice. Bye now." I said and left with Gray.

When the bell rang we split up and went to our classes. I had Biology and Grayson had English. I took a seat and then saw Mr. Phillips handing me a paper. I had fully forgotten about the test. I hadn't studied anything.

-"Merrell, where is your sister?"

-"She... couldn't come today sir."

-"What could be more important than a test? These kids these days. They always try to find excuses." He said deriding Roni.

-"Veronica hasn't missed one of your tests or periods okay? She couldn't come and you made a whole deal out of it. So you don't get to talk about her like that, you idiot."

-"Get out. To the principal's office, NOW." He yelled at me.

-"Better there than in here," I said and left.

I was waiting at the principal's office for him to finish his call. He finally did and started asking me questions.

-"Miss Merrell. What brings you to my office. You have never been here before."

-"Mr. Phillips kicked me out."

-"Why?"

-"Because I yelled at him."

-"And why did you do that Vanessa?"

-"He derided my sister because she couldn't come in today for the test and I just couldn't stand it."

-"Did Veronica had a good reason to miss the test?"

After thinking about it I thought that I should tell the principal why Roni couldn't come to school.

-"She is in the hospital, sir," I said and looked down.

-"Oh, I really hope she gets better. What happened to her?"

-"I would prefer not to tell you. I think it's Roni's decision to let you know or not."

-"I respect your decision."

I was about to leave when he started talking again.

-"But...I still have to do something about your behavior. You can't just call your teacher an idiot. You are suspended for one day. You can take your bag and leave."

I was about to start bitching about it but I decided not to.

-Yes, sir." I said and left.

As I was walking out I felt someone grabbing my hand.

-"Hey, where are you going?" Grayson said. I was about to tear up. So many things were going through my mind. My twin had tried to kill herself because I hurt her, I missed my Biology test and I got suspended. All in less than 24 hours.

-"I got suspended,"

-"Why what happened?"

-"Mr. Phillips was basically roasting Roni because she didn't come and I yelled at him," I said and started crying.

-"Come here," Grayson said and hugged me. "Don't listen to him. You know he is not a good teacher. He is not worth it."

-"I am not crying because of the suspension Gray," I said and fell on his arms again.

-"Look at me, Nessa." He said and wiped my tears. "Veronica will be okay. She wasn't in a good place and wasn't aware of what she was doing."

-"I shouldn't have talked to her like that Gray. It would have been my fault if something happened to her."

-"Don't say that. You had a fight and that's might have triggered her but it wasn't your fault babe." He said and I nodded at him. "Do you want to go for a coffee?"

-"Gray, you should go back to your class. I am going to go home."

-"I will go with you. I am going to go grab my bag real quick. You can wait in the car." He said and handed me the keys.

-"Thank you," I said and gave him a kiss.

After we grabbed a coffee we went to Gray's house. As we got in we saw a shirtless Ethan walking around the house.

-"Put a shirt on E," Grayson said and tossed him a shirt that was on the couch.

-"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with Roni?" I asked and his mood changed completely.

-"She wasn't worthy of my time so I left."

-"E, wtf are you saying bro?"

-"I am saying that her sister is an ungrateful bitch."

-"Hey, watch how you talk about my sister okay?" I said and walked towards him.

-"Or what Merrell?" He said and closed the gap between us. Our faces were inches apart when Grayson pushed him away and took me in his arms.

-"Shut up Ethan," Gray said and grabbed my hand. "Come on Nessa." He said and we walked upstairs.

-"Wish we hadn't got there in time," Ethan whispered and I stayed still. I turned around and slapped Ethan, which made him step back a bit.

-"I don't know why are you being a total jerk all of the sudden but what you said is messed up."

-"I am sorr..."

-"Save it," I said cutting him off.

We got into Grayson's room and he immediately squeezed me in his arms.

-"I am so sorry about Ethan. I really don't know why is he acting like that. I am going to talk to him later."

-"I will ask Roni, too. Now can we please not talk about that?"

-"Yes, of course. Come here." He said and laid on the bed waiting for me to cuddle.

I was so tired that I fell asleep in his arms.

Ethan's POV

Why did I say that? I was so mean and disrespectful towards Nessa and Roni. I was upset about what Roni had said about me but I shouldn't have reacted like that. I was trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. Go apologize to Nessa or continue being a jerk? I decided to go say sorry to her, but as I walked in Gray's room he immediately nodded me to leave, so I did. Total jerk it is.

*Word Count: 1202*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the story so far. What do you think will happen between Ethan and Veronica? Comment down below.

Kisses<3