Mo Money Mo Problems

My eyes were shutting on themselves as the professor spoke. Last night as soon as I got home I had this queasy feeling and I couldn't sleep. I got a good hour of sleep before my alarm rang on me. I was trying to pay attention to the professor speak but every word she said seemed dragged out as my eyes shut.

Right before I passed out she had dismissed the class. I was getting my stuff when she stopped me, busted.

"It's not like you to fall asleep in my class" She was typing on her laptop as she spoke to me.

"I've been having..." She cut me off.

"This isn't high school I don't need excuses. You're a great kid and I know it. I heard about your credits dilemma, I'm assuming you're working double shifts for the payments. Remember you're still a student" I played with the rings of my notebook as scolded me. God my whole life is feeling like I'm back in high school and that was a long time ago.

"Of course Mrs. Holloway" I bid her a goodbye walking to the door.

"Ms. Marks" I turned around as she stopped doing everything to look at me. "Don't do anything stupid" I smiled nodding before heading out. I had to go to the mechanic to pick up my car I hated asking people to pick me up and take me places I needed my own thing.

When I got there my car was already waiting for me I needed to pay the second half of the fee and sign some papers and I was good to go.

When I got to the house the girls were already there. "There's been a development," They told me as I dropped the keys off.

"Oh no" I muttered. They took me to the tree house the kids use to play in it was a man tied up begging for someone to get him out.

"We leave you two alone for a night" I yelled. "What happened" I urged them on.

"He knows about the store" Annie was the first to enter the house sitting on the chair looking back at us.

"He was going to the cops" Beth added. I was about to ask if he knew about the gang but Ruby shook her head like she already asked beforehand.

"Oh and he tried raping me"

"Oh my God An" I was gonna walk to her but she stopped me.

"Don't worry Beth pointed a gun at him" I looked at Beth her nodding confirmed the story.

"What are we gonna do"

"Tomorrow Annie is going to Gregg for a loan" I didn't think Annie would be up to it.

"Yea more like humiliate me" Both of the girls looked at Annie shutting her up.

"I have to go keep perceiving the normal life, gotta go train the soccer team"

"Hey, Sara can't buy the team shirt for the game" her sentenced trailed off.

"Its fine Ruby" I walked upstairs getting ready for practice.

---

"Come on Gina" The little kids were being rough with each other for some odd reason. "We're a team here no need to take the ball away from each other" Sara was falling back she was still getting use the medication but she's better. "Sara come on girl grab the ball" It seemed to motivate her to run faster catching up. I turned around noticing the guy with his goons leaning by the bleachers. "I'll be watching"

My legs kept walking forward but my brain wanted me to run, when I stood in front of them I kicked myself for even noticing their presence. "Do you enjoy it?" He asked me as he stared at the kids playing. His shirt lifted when he stretched back to reveal his gun.