Remix

When my eyes opened up I felt at peace with myself for five seconds before everything came rushing back to me. I looked around the room realizing where I was.

I can't believe I actually did that it was so wrong but it felt so good like when you take a cookie from the cookie jar against your parent's permission. It seems like when you shouldn't do it it makes it 1000x better. I bit my nail turning around seeing Rio asleep. How he found our position comfortable puzzled me, this couch wasn't the most comfortable thing but I didn't want to leave it.

Rio looked peaceful he looked years younger but you could see the bags under his eyes from days of no sleep. How can you when youre the leader to a gang. I got up from the couch grabbing my clothes that were thrown all around the room. Once I had everything on I walked toward Rio crouching in front of him giving him a kiss on the cheek before leaving the room.

I looked out the window seeing it was still dark outside. How long have I been here? I tried to not make a sound since I didn't know who was here and would be happy to see someone leave Rios room at these hours.

When I walked inside the house I saw Annie passed out in the loveseat a bottle of whiskey in hand, Ruby was sleeping on the couch wrapped in a blanket but Beth was nowhere to be found. I tiptoed to my room trying to not wake the kids or anyone for that matter. When I entered my room Beth was waiting in my bed.

I groaned closing the door behind me. "Beth im tired I just want to go to bed " I turned on the lights going to my drawer to get some spare clothes, my body was aching making me very mad that I had classes in less than 5 hours. I grabbed my phone that I left here on top of the drawer. "Im gonna have to start locking my door don't I?" I turned to Beth who was still in my bed sitting up straight.

"I came up here to check up on you to see your room empty so my question is where were you?"  I rolled my eyes taking my clothes off before putting new ones on. I don't even care if this is unhygienic I just wanted to sleep, Rio really wore me out.

"The same thing I do when im stressed since we were kids I ran" I wasn't even looking at her cause I know if I do she'll see right through me. So I distracted myself by putting my clothes in the basket. She scoffed in disbelief before standing up.

"I know the whole bad guy persona and leader of a gang can be a real turn on but it won't be when it causes you to end up in jail"

"Are you putting me on house arrest that I can't even jog anymore without you thinking im doing something bad?"  I know im lying to her but I don't know what to do.

"I've also know when you lie to me don't forget" She sighed touching my shoulder. "Youll always be my little sister that I need to protect and ill never stop"

"But I know what im doing"

"I hope you do" She walked towards the door stopping at the entrance before turning towards me. "I don't want to fight anymore. I just want my little sister back" I yelled back at her to stop.

"Please don't do it" I pleaded to her. "Don't send him there give me time to fix this" I was hoping I could convince her I could fix this I can make both sides happy and no one going to jail or be dead. She sighed gazing at me before nodding. I beamed saying I love you to her before going to bed.