Atom Bomb

"So what'd you wanna talk to me about?" I helped Beth with groceries as she talked to Kenny. I was putting stuff away in the cupboard while she put stuff in the fridge.
"Mom, mom, mom It's not fair" Kenny continued the fight for a huge birthday party. "For Tommy's birthday, we all went out to a Pistons game" I felt bad but he didn't understand the huge struggles his mother is going through. "We got box seats, and his mom bought us all jerseys." Do coffee grounds go with spices or snacks cupboard? "And then and then after that, they rented a hotel with room service"

"Yeah, and now Tommy's mom can't afford college" Beth responded putting the vegetables away. "Snacks" She pointed towards me.

"Well, I want a birthday party" The kid wasn't gonna let go.

"How about a sleepover?" I tried to do middle ground. Both looked at me.
"With a chocolate fountain." He added.

"You could nuke a Hershey bar" Beth fixed the problem. I saw Emma go down the stairs calling Beth but she was busy handling Ken. I walked towards her reaching her level.

"What's up bubba" She had her stuffed bunny in her hand.

"Who's the man?" I looked at her before looking at Beth who stopped talking to Kenny.

"What man?"

"The one in my bed" Beth and I ran upstairs the kids following right behind us. I tried blocking them till I got her signal. When she came back she was nodding her head.

"Who wants to go swimming at Dada" The kids cheered as I got them ready to take them there. After I dropped them off I went back to Beth's Ruby and Annie was already there.

"Will you tell us what's going on? This is freaking me out" When Beth opened the door, Emma's bed was being taken by a guy in his early twenties knocked out.

"I don't know"

"What do you mean you don't know?" He was alive but his breathing was a bit labored; he had a wound that was bleeding in his lower abdomen.

"I mean, we came back from the grocery store and he was just there" Beth defended herself. "And, I mean, I'm assuming he's, like, an associate of the gangbanger.

"Come on, I thought we were done with that."

"Yeah, what the hell?"

"Okay, okay, we were" She stopped talking looking at me "And then God, this sounds so crazy even saying it "I-I-I offered to do another job"

"Uh you asked for this?" Ruby wanted to kill Beth right now.

"It's not like we don't need the money and she knew," She said pointing at me. "We all still need the money."

"So you asked for this" she repeated but to me.

"Not this" She cried out. While all of this was happening Annie was having a jolly good time.

"I just can't believe it's both of you and not me" Beth glared at Annie. "Come on, it's crazy"

"Look, I just I just said that we would possibly if the circumstances were right, do some help"

"Okay guys we need to figure this out"

"Call your Bff" She pointed at me.

"He's not my BFF I don't even know his name"

"But he might" Annie pointed to the body. Annie grabbed the phone calling the first person on the cell that wasn't his mom.
---
"That's not what we meant when we said we'd do another job" I scolded him. "Who is he?"

"He works for me" It was freezing cold outside which just made me a bit snappier.

"There's been a miscommunication"