Summer Of The Shark P.1

Beth got a call from Rio that we had a new job to meet up at a loading dock. When we arrived there were guys everywhere hauling boxes into the storage room. We all got out when we saw Rio exit one of the storages.

"Y'all ready to be back in business or what?" We walked behind him. I tried taking a peek at what was inside when he noticed he stood in front of it blocking my view.

"What do you have in mind?" Beth asked.

"Just need you to go pick up a truck for me," He told her.

"In Canada?"

"No" he stopped walking turning to us. "Right here parked in a garage off I-75"

"What's in it?" I asked him.

"Yeah, you ain't got to worry about that"He put his hand in his pockets. "Just go get it, and we're good to go" The girls looked worried Beth took a step forward. "I thought Y'all would be more excited than this" He looked at me, he knows I need this job. "But, hey, if you don't need to get back to work then" He was starting to leave" I stopped him before he left.

"Oh, we do. We do." I told him.

"There's something we need to talk about though" If Beth talks everything will be over.

"Yeah, uh, none of us drive stick," I told him stopping Beth. "I mean, everything's automatic, so I just never learned" Annie and Beth looked at me like I was crazy but Ruby urged me to keep talking. "I don't know about you guys, but You know what? It'll be fine. Problem solved."

"Problem not solved though because there's the other problem which is a much bigger problem"

"Are you bitches trying to do this or not?" Rio snapped.

"Where the keys" He smiled handing me the keys. Ruby pulled the girls away probably to convince them to let us do the job.

"Excited aren't we Lil Red" He teased me.

"Us being put on hold really made a dent in my debt," I told him truthfully. He gave me the keys before leaving. I followed the girls out

"Look, I'm pretty sure the cops don't know anything about a truck" I wanted to believe in Ruby hell I needed to believe in her.

"All right," I told her.

"Who's gonna drive? Let's draw straws?" Beth asked.

"I always lose at that" Annie put her hand down playing with her cup. "What about rock paper scissors?"

"We can't do that with four people," Beth told her

"Why not?"

"What if we all drove" They looked at me like if I had three heads. "Think about it four trucks if the cop sees we have a higher chance of getting away with it"

"Ok fine whos driving the real one," Ruby asked.

"I will"

"No way" Beth stopped me. "No" She crossed her arms something she did a lot when she turned into mom.

"Beth im not a little kid anymore. I can take care of myself"

"No youre going with me then but youre not doing this alone "

The next day we all got into the trucks driving to the location. I sped up the truck letting Annie go in front of me and Beth behind me.

"So far so good ladies," I told them. We were joking around about a movie when I noticed a cop car behind us. "Guys"

"What?" Im pretty sure Annie was the one that spoke.

"There's a cop behind us," I told them. My skin became very pale as I tried to keep my cool