Taking Care Of Business P.2

After getting a quick lunch I decided to head to the counselor to make my next payment. She wasn't here that day so I just gave it to the next woman who was in charge.

"How much will it be today darling," The lady asked me.

"Another 15k," She nodded typing into her computer. Once I was done i headed back to my next class since I had15 minutes left when my phone started ringing instinctively I answered it.

"I messed up" I recognized that of being Beth's voice.

"What did you do" I responded.

"Well the FBI showed me a picture of Rio and when I told him I didn't know he was gonna show Dean and I could let that happen so I told him I didn't know if maybe it was one of the guys you bring home at night" The last few words were high pitched almost like expecting for me to scream. Don't get me wrong I was but something told me I shouldn't so I took a deep breath before talking.

"Ok, so what's the problem?"

"He wants to speak to you today" I sighed rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"I have to go back to class were not doing anything till I get home got it," She said okay before hanging. So much for having that rest.

The last class I wanted time to speed up because I needed to go home. When he finally dismissed us I basically raced to the house, where Annie and Beth were waiting. They were in the kitchen but still not talking to each other. Annie was on her phone and Beth cooking something for the kids. Rios duffle was in the middle of the table.

"Is this his cash" Beth nodded.

"Yeah I'll be taking it to him now" She grabbed the duffle ready to leave this room.

"No, I will" I snatched the bag from her. "No one is leaving this room until you hash things out the both of you. Annie was gonna say something to contradict me. "And so help me god if I come back and you guys are not peas in a pod I will murder you both" which ultimately silent her.

"You know for being the youngest sometimes you're the scariest," Beth said truthfully. I took Beth's car since he was probably expecting it.

I parked in the parking lot waiting for him to arrive. Only about 10 minutes passed when the door opened showing a Rio. He grabbed the duffle from the armchair starting to count it.

"I'm assuming Beth told you" He nodded continuing to count the cash. "So what do I say?"

"To whom" I didn't know if he was acting stupid.

"To the FBI what do I tell them?" My head was killing probably from the lack of sleep.

"They ain't got anything."

"They've got a picture of you" I warned him. How wasn't he taking this seriously?

"That ain't special," He glanced at me "I'm on Facebook, too." He had a wad of cash divided placing inside the armrest. "Your cut" He opened the door ready to get out.

"Wait, stop" He looked back before closing the door, now he was facing me

"Listen." "In my line of work, if you don't have the FBI on your back, you ain't making noise." I understood what he was getting at but I still didn't know what to tell them.