Chapter 15

Comeback
Let's Finish This!

"Fight for your dreams, and your dreams will fight for you."
~ Paulo Coelho ~

Key
'The' - Thoughts
"Finale" - Speech
"Is" - Emotions/Electronics
Here! - Breaks/Notes

~ BTYB Katsuki blowing stuff up ~

"From Class 1-B, we have Ibara Shiozaki!" Present Mic shouted excitedly as Ibara walked onto the fighting stage slowly, keeping her gaze focused away from the cheering crowd around her.

"Her opponent, from Class 1-A, is Izuku Midoriya!" Hisashi shouted with even more excitement as Izuku joined Ibara on the fighting stage and ignored the crowd in favor of remaining calm and looking at his opponent to think of a new strategy to use against her.

"Now, let the first semi-final match begin!" Inko shouted as Ibara commanded her hair to grow out before the newly grown hair split off from the source and went into the ground, continually growing.

Knowing the simple workings of her Quirk, Izuku would have flown up into the sky to avoid the attack, but he didn't have his rocket boots and he wasn't even sure he could have done that with his Quirk. Though he wasn't even able to use it on his own, making it was useless to him. So he did that next best thing and started to run around aimlessly.

Suddenly, a large bunch of vines sprouted out of the ground where Izuku was standing, and luckily, he was far away from that spot. Seeing Izuku running toward her, Ibara let the bunch of vines she was using earlier wilt away as she sent another bunch into the ground. Quickly, Izuku grabbed his stun disk and pressed the button to start the countdown, but as he threw it, the vines that Ibara sent into the ground made a dome around her. Which lead the stun disk into vines, making it as useful as a fish out of water.

Giving up on that strategy, Izuku ran up to the dome and grabbed his disk before stowing it away in his belt for later. But now, he had only one plan in mind. 'How do I activate my Quirk?' He asked the voices in his head while everyone else just saw him staring blankly at the vines surrounding Ibara as those plants wilted away quickly.

"I got it, boys," Serena said as Izuku blinked and his eyes became slit light green eyes instead of the usual forest green. Focusing on the current battle, Izuku took a very short glance at his metal arm before making a green flame appear on his left. "I presume you Quirk works similar to the growth of a vine or some other plant, correct?" He asked, his mind racing through possibilities for their battle.

"That is correct." She said as her hair grew out again and went into the ground. "Mind sharing your weakness, Midoriya-san?"

"It's a very simple thing. I need heat for my Quirk to work." He said in return before he decided to start moving and narrowly dodged the next group of vines sprouting out of the ground. Watching it retract into the ground, Izuku could only theorize what her weakness was since it was somehow connected to plants.

The first thing he thought of was cutting off the roots, but making a girl bald on national television might be a bit extreme.

The second thing he had thought of was to get rid of the water vapor around her, hoping that without water, she wouldn't be able to grow more vines. Hoping that would work, he kind of wanted to use it as a last resort since he would have to expel all of the heat in his body to do that, which may potentially kill him if too much heat is released and would leave him defenseless for a short period of time.

"Time for Plan B." He said before running in a serpentine formation to avoid any more of those vines. Getting close, Izuku didn't waste time and released a shockwave of heat from his body, raising the temperature a few degrees and quickly drying up any moisture that was in the nearby air.