One

I'm a first-year student in college. Columbia to be exacted near my hometown. I live in a small town with a pollution of about 7000. Hood River, Oregon, Washington. I applied to do a teaching course in Foundation Phase. I wanted to be a teacher ever since I can remember. It was always my big dream.

Let me tell you a bit about myself before we get into the story. I'm 19 years old. My name is Jessica Evans but everyone calls me Jessie. I lost my parents at a very young age and I have lived with my grandma and grandpa since I was 6 years old.  And I taught myself to be on my own and do things on my own since I was 10 years. So I'm not your typical spoiled teenage girl. I worked hard to get my scholarship to come and study at Columbia. And I have to work hard still to keep this scholarship in order to continue with my studies.  Or I would have to drop out.

I'm not really popular but I'm also not the loser kind. I'm average. But I'm the most clumsiest girl you would ever meet. I guess I don't really pay attention to things around me much and that always tends to get me in difficult situations. 

I had one boyfriend and I just dated him for the popularity. He was the most hottest boy in school so I dated him for a while and then he dumped me. It was kind of hurtful cause I gave myself to him. But I just kept shutting people out like I always do and focus on my school work. 

Except for my two best friends. Riley James and Elizabeth Collins which we call Liz for short. These two people are my life savers. I turn to them with everything. I get really bad anxieties when I'm under too much pressure. But these two are always there to help me get over them pretty fast. 

I have zero experience in any kind of relationship other than the one I have with Liz and Riley. Boys just wasn't top of my list in high school. In my mind it was just me getting that scholarship to study teaching. The only relationship I had was with my books. They were my boyfriend for the past 2 years. But I guess I just haven't met the right person yet. I'm still young. There is plenty of time for that. I need to focus on my future now. It's what I'm telling myself over and over again.

I'm a positive person. I do care about other people of course. I have a sensitive heart. But the way I shut people out no one knows who I truly am. They think of me as a bitch. But I don't care. They don't know how hard I have to work to even get the chance to study what I really want to do for my future. 

But that is me and my life. 

Pathetic I know. 

I drive into the parking lot of the college at the dorms where I will be staying. Luckily I am sharing  a room with Riley. So grateful for that. 

I look at the clock and see that I am few minutes late. I get out of my car and get my phone and my books that I need.

I'll get the rest later. I say to myself and I make my way to my first class. Spanish class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you. Please vote.