Slow dancing in the dark: Dabi x H!Reader

Request by MissMidnight2099

A/N : I don't really know how to write a oneshot based on a song but I gave it A try I hope you enjoy

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I don't want a friend (Just one more night)
I want my life in two (My life in two)

Flames ignited the ballroom the sound of crackling wood and the whispers of the flames grew louder competing with the symphony's harmonic tune

Please one more night
Waiting to get there
Waiting for you (Waiting for you)

Their bodies entwined embracing the other's warmth, afraid to let eachother go.

Just one more night
I'm done fighting all night

It's not the storm before the quiet,
This is the deep and dying breath of
This love. This love that ignited a tragic tale.

When I'm around slow dancing in the dark
Don't follow me, you'll end up in my arms
You done made up your mind
I don't need no more signs

The music burst into a crescendo, their bodies grew hotter by the second. Their fingers interlocked and they stared into each others eyes

Give me reasons we should be complete

They glided across the dance floor, keeping in time with beat, a beat never missed.
The flames grew larger igniting the walls making the room glow brighter.

You should be with him, I can't compete
You looked at me like I was someone else, oh well

Captivated by his grace, his beauty his voice, you stare longingly wishing to feel his burning lips pressed against your skin. For your bodies to press against one another and allow your hands to roam freely

Can't you see?
I dont wanna slow dance.... in the dark

He gentley caressed the back of y/n's neck whispering sweet nothings as he shielded her face from the heat that surrounded them. He knew too well this was the last time he'd feel her warmth on his body, the last time he'd be able to kiss her soft lips and hear her harmonic voice call out his name.

When you gotta run
Just hear my voice in you (my voice in you)
Shutting me out of you (shutting me out of you)
Doing so great (so great, so great)

Y/ns eyes slowly began to gloss over, barely concealing her tears that threatened to spill, she couldn't be apart of this anymore, it wasn't fair...the sneaking around, avoiding media and most of all lying to those who cared about her. She was cruel, heartless, she knew from the start they couldn't be together...yet she tried anyways.

Dabi said nothing, there was nothing to say. They stopped dancing a while ago, they just stood there letting everything burn around them.

He pulled away slowly and cupped her tear stained face ever so softly, his eyes spoke a thousand words, she knew it was time.

You

Used to be the one (used to be the one)
To hold you when you fall
Yeah, yeah, yeah (when you fall, when you fall)
I don't fuck with your tone (I don't fuck with your tone)

Y/n wiped her face dry and stared blankly at the man infront of her, she was torturing herself by doing this, longing out the enetivable...

"please...just walk away"  her tears fell down her cheek but she kept her composure.

I don't wanna go home (I don't wanna go home)
Can it be one night?

She wanted him to hate her, call her names, berate her or even tell her that he never loved her. It would've made this simple and would've made moving on easier. She didn't expect him to say anything else.

"I love you"

She chocked on her own breath trying to keep herself composed, why? Why did he have to stay that

"No you don't"
"Turn around and don't give me another glance"

Her head began to hurt, probably inhaled too much smoke but she didn't care, she just wanted for him to leave and let herself cry silently while the flames burn out. She didn't want to seem weak infront of him, like a coward or a wimp.

Dabi took a step forward and grabbed her arm, pulling her into his embrace before pulling her into a Kiss

It was long and full of passion, it was neither of them wanted to stop. But they heard sirens in the distance and knew dabi had to make his escape.

Give me reasons we should be complete
You should be with him, I can't compete
You looked at me like I was someone else, oh well
Can't you see?

They parted and gave eachother ome last kiss before dabi slowly turned away from her and headed towards the forest nearby. He stopped half way and slowly began to turn but catching himself in the process

"Dont give me anther glance" he half smile appeared on his lips and as he slowly began walking again, raising his hand to wave goodbye.

Y/n did nothing, she stood there as rubble fell down watching her lover fade away into the night.

I don't wanna slow dance (I don't want to slow dance)
In the dark
Dark
In the dark
Dark

It felt like eternity until some pro heroes with water based quirks showed up, she hadn't even stepped out yet. She judt let herself curl into a ball and lay on the floor. Her head pounded and she felt hazy, she stopped hearing the background noise a long time ago. It was lile she was in a world of her own, her eyelids felt heavy and her body felt numb

Y/n's eyes slowly closed and her vision faded...

The pro heroes found her shortly afterwards and took her to the nearest hospital, many people were confused on why she was in a empty ballroom but none ever questioned her on it. As if she'd even give an answer to begin with, it had been a few days since the incident and y/n was allowed to the leave the hospital.

She decided to walk home granted that her house was about an hours journey from the hospital but that was the least on her mind, she quietly walked along the streets stopping and staring at anything remotely resembling dabi. She needed to get him out of her head and this clearly wasn't helping.

She'd spent hours out walking around to random locations before she even thought about going home. She looked at her grey door and sighed heavy, there were many get well soon cards and gifts surrounding her door, it took her while to sort them all out and read them before she even got to sit down and rest. Her eyes felt heavy and she's sure she was getting a cold.
She sat there for hours staring at a blank screen, she didn't know what to do with herself. It was fucking stupid.

She was about to go to bed when a knock came from her door, she groaned heavily and dragged her way and put on a fake face for whoever was there.

"Y/n" a stern voice spoke

She knew his secret and quite frankly seeing this guy made shit 100× worse

She looked down and smiled quietly
"Hello todoroki"

_______________________

AY Yo sorry I disappeared for like a year anyways heres this. It took my a while but heres that request :)