Chapter 3: After Detention

With an hour of detention finally over, Hotshot was ready to just get the heck out of there.

He wasn't ready to see someone waiting for him just outside the door.

"I'm sorry Hotshot", Medix said shamefully, "I didn't mean to get you in trouble..."

After his mini spark attack, Hotshot composed himself, "don't sweat it Medix. Besides, I started it. Plus, I got a good laugh out of it."

Medix smiled, "thank you Hotshot."

Hotshot's spark raced again, cheekplates showing a tint of blue.

Medix noticed immediately, "Hotshot?? Are you feeling alright??"

Hotshot blushed more when Medix felt his faceplates. "You're burning up! Let's get you to the medical bay", Medix said, trying to pull Hotshot along with him.

Hotshot snapped back to reality, "wait I'm fine!! I'm not sick!!"

Medix raised an optic ridge at him, "then why were you so hot?"

"I dunno, maybe I'm just that good looking", Hotshot teased.

Medix didn't understand the joke.

Hotshot spoke up, "hot. Like, "wow he's really hot" kind of hot."

"Oh! Now I understand!", Medix chuckled.

Hotshot rolled his optics playfully, "so anyway, did you just come here to apologize? Or is there something else?"

Medix blushed slightly, "there is... the rest of the team is off doing their own things, and if you're not planning on doing anything... I was wondering if you would like to help me out in the lab?"

"I'd love to!- I mean, sure!", Hotshot said immediately.

"Excellent!", Medix said excitedly, "shall we head there now?"

Hotshot smiled, "lead the way!"