Chapter 7: Letting It Out

"Medix!", Hotshot yelled out, "Medix where are you??"

Hotshot checked in the medical bay, "Medix? You in here??"

Hotshot went quiet when he heard muffled crying from the medical supply closet. He calmly walked over and opened the door. Hotshot's spark shattered when he took in the broken state of the young medic, "Medix?"

"Please...", Medix said between cries, "don't look at me..."

"Okay", Hotshot said as he covered his optics, "I can't see you now. Can I join you?"

Medix wiped away some tears as he let out a small chuckle, "sure Hotshot."

Hotshot purposefully tripped over his own pede and fell into the closet, some gauze falling onto his helm.

Medix stifled a laugh as he helped his friend up into a sitting position, "are you alright?"

"I am now!", Hotshot smiled with his optics still being covered, "thanks to you."

Medix giggled, "I'm just doing my job."

"Yeah I know. Saving my aft is basically a full-time job."

Medix laughed.

Hotshot kept going, "and on top of that, you're saving others' lives. A true rescuer indeed!"

Medix sighed, "did you only come here to give me compliments?"

"That, and-", Hotshot uncovered his optics, "to also talk to you."

"Talk to me?", Medix questioned, "tell me how badly I messed up? How Professor Boulder should fail me right on the spot??"

"No", Hotshot scooted closer to Medix, "I want to talk about you. You haven't been acting like yourself for the past few days. You're usually so well put together and organized. Did something happen? Did someone hurt you?? Talk to me Medix... I'm worried about you."

Tears fell once more as Medix's spark fluttered, "y-you're worried about me...?"

Hotshot didn't hesitate, "YES! I can see that you're stressed! Please just tell me what's going on!!"

Medix bursted into tears, "there's just so much on my processor! I can't recharge! I can't focus!! It got even worse when I overheard the bot I have feelings for confessed to Whirl about his love for me!"

Medix immediately slapped a servo over his mouth as his optics widened in pure horror.

Hotshot was stunned, his mouth agape as he remained frozen.

Medix finally spoke up, "Hotshot I-"

"It was me...", Hotshot said in awe.

"Huh?"

Hotshot gently grabbed Medix's shoulders, tears falling down his faceplate, "it was me!! After all this time I thought you had feelings for another bot. I'm that bot! I'm the bot you have feelings for!!"

Medix freaked out at Hotshot's tears, "Hotshot you're crying!"

"I am!!", Hotshot cheered, "I'm crying because I'm happy!!! I couldn't recharge because I kept thinking that you liked someone else on the team! I would've totally supported you anyway, but Primus I'm so happy it's me!!"

Tears fell as Medix smiled up at Hotshot, "really?"

Hotshot cupped Medix's cheekplates with both servos, his optics full of love, "do I have to say it in cybertronian?? Yes I'm happy it's me Medix! I really like you!! Heck, you overheard me confessing everything that I adore about you!! I'll confess it again right here and right now if you still don't believe me!"

Medix giggled, smiling widely as Hotshot wiped a tear away from his faceplate, "you have no idea how happy you just made me."

Hotshot smiled sweetly, "as long as you're happy, I'm happy."

Medix blushed really hard.

Hotshot, still holding Medix's cheekplates, spoke up, "can I do something crazy?"

"I don't know, can you?", Medix teased.

"Hmm...", Hotshot thought, "let's find out."

Hotshot then pulled Medix in for a kiss.

Medix has never blushed this hard in his life. At first, the kiss caught him off guard and he almost pulled away... but once he understood what happened, he immediately accepted it.

Both of their sparks went into maximum overdrive. As their kiss deepened, Hotshot's servos moved down to Medix's hips, pulling him in closer.

Medix, unfazed, smiles into the kiss as he wraps his arms around Hotshot's neck.

They eventually had to let go of the kiss to breathe. As they panted, they kept their arms around each other.

When they regained normal breathing, they rested their forehelms against each other, smiling widely as they stare into each other's optics lovingly.

Medix was the first to start laughing. Hotshot wanted to hear that laugh forever, but he caved in and started laughing too.

Medix composed himself after laughing for a good while, smiling as Hotshot giggles, "well... that question was definitely answered! That was crazy!!"

Hotshot giggled more, "good crazy or bad crazy?"

Medix giggled as well, "what do you think?? The good crazy you big dork!"

Hotshot rested his forehelm against Medix's once again, "hey now, we both know that you're a much bigger dork!"

Hotshot shrieked in laughter as Medix attacked him with another round of kisses.