Chapter 8: Test Results

Medix was snuggled in Hotshot's arms as they lounged on the couch in the break room. They were watching some sort of romantic comedy that Cody forgot to return a month ago.

Wedge walked in, groaning when he glanced over at the two mechs cuddling, "you two haven't even dated for a full week yet! It's ironic that you're both watching a romantic comedy because this right here-", Wedge gestured to them cuddling, "is just ridiculous."

Hotshot snapped back real quick, "you're just jealous because you don't have a boyfriend."

"That's not-"

"And if you do get one", Hotshot continued, "just remember that I have the best one there is so you'll just have to settle with the second best!"

"Ohhh! Hotshot!!", Medix immediately started kissing him.

Wedge swore that he could see his own brain from how hard he rolled his optics.

Just then, and to Wedge's relief, they all turned their attention to Whirl and Hoist who just bursted through the doorway.

"Professor Boulder just gave us our scores from our test last week!", Whirl squealed.

The recruits gathered together on the couch, anxiously waiting for Hoist to read off their scores on the datapad.

"Wedge", Hoist read the score, "you got a 95%."

"BOOYAH!", Wedge pumped his fist in the air.

"Whirl", Hoist continued, "you got a 90%."

"Whoa! That's better than I thought!!", Whirl cheered.

"Oh hey!", Hoist read his score, "I got a 90% too!"

They gave each other a hi-four.

Medix started getting really nervous about his own score. Hotshot noticed his nervousness almost immediately as he wraps an arm around him.

"Hey don't be nervous babe", Hotshot said softly, "I thought you did an awesome job on the test!"

"But what if I didn't??", Medix replied, "what if I missed something?? Also, Professor Boulder would definitely take points off for re-doing the test!"

Hotshot wanted to say something to help his boyfriend, but they both turned their attention to Hoist.

"Hotshot", Hoist read on, "you got a 92%."

"Oh snap! I thought I got an 80! Sweet!!", Hotshot grinned.

Medix gave him a kiss on the cheek, "Congratulations Hotshot. I knew you could do it."

Hotshot kissed him sweetly, "thanks babe!"

"Medix?", Hoist spoke up.

Medix and Hotshot turned their attention back to Hoist.

"You ready for your score?", Hoist continued.

Medix hesitated, but after Hotshot held his servo and gave him a reassuring smile, Medix finally found his voice.

"Affirmative."

Hoist nodded as he scrolled down on the datapad.

Medix found himself squeezing Hotshot's servo pretty tightly due to all the nervousness. He relaxed slightly when Hotshot gave his servo a reassuring squeeze.

"Oh here it is!", Hoist said as he read Medix's score.

Medix got scared real quick, "wait don't tell me! I don't want to know!!"

Hoist looked up, "trust me Medix... you'll want to know."

Medix composed himself, "very well... how bad is it?"

Hoist smiled, "you got a 100%."

"Wait what?", Medix let it sink in, "WAIT WHAT?!"

Hoist showed him the datapad.

Medix saw it in bold. It was true, Medix made a perfect score.

Medix cried tears of joy as his team cheered for him. He started laughing when Hotshot tacklehugged him into the couch.

Hotshot was so gosh darn proud of his boyfriend, "see?! I told you that you did an awesome job!! I'm so proud of you babe!!!"

Medix kissed Hotshot sweetly, "thank you, but I couldn't have done it without you."

Hotshot looked over at the rest of the team, "heads up guys, you might want to cover your optics."

Wedge immediately left.
Hoist half-shielded his optics, half-looked at the datapad.
Whirl didn't mind.

Hotshot gently pushed Medix into the couch as they kissed each other sweetly, the kiss progressively getting deeper.

Then, just like that, the moment was ruined when Blades just waltzes in, "alright recruits! Are you all ready for- oh wow. The last time I've seen that much glossa was when Heatwave and I made out in his office."

Hotshot immediately yeeted a pillow at Blades as he shrieks out laughing and runs away.

"Mood ruiner!", Hotshot yelled at him.

Blades poked his head back in, "hey if I were to give any advice... safe sex is important!"

"BLADES!!", Hotshot and Medix shrieked as Blades booked it out of there.

Hoist and Whirl were just dying of laughter.

Hotshot, now 100% done with life, layed down on his boyfriend and buried his face into his chassis.

Medix chuckled as he pet his boyfriend's head, "hey Hotshot?"

Hotshot looked up at him, "yeah babe?"

"I know this may be way too early to say this to you... but I-"

"Just say it, if that's what you really want."

Medix smiled, "very well... I love you Hotshot."

Hotshot immediately kissed him and then held him close so they could snuggle, "I love you too, Medix."