0 • 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

2.3.19

Moonlight embraced the dark city and its winding, slick cobblestone paths, highlighting the slivers of rainwater and something much darker that snaked down through cracks of sloping asphalt, tethering but still intact despite all of the raging wars previously present in this very city.

In this city where it used to keep peace, held everyone close as humanity continued to strive, not stutter and break as a new form of selfishness made its way through the minds of humankind.

Everything was dead silent, not even the breath of a wind or the whisper of a spirit passed through to pierce this shattered atmosphere.

Ghost town. It was just a ghost town, nothing left but rubble and broken buildings, burning trees and crashed cars, their alarms not even a shrill in the air.

There was no disturbance, not even the presence of a single person, no indication that there was even a survivor who made it out of that predicament alive.

But in this eerie dark, in this silence containing the deaths of innocence and the capture of the targeted ones, there were footsteps, crunching against loose pieces of rubble and dirt in the middle of the damaged road.

The moonlight seethed upon the black cloak draped over the body but failing to cast the face of the unknown, walking with its hood down and mask up.

But the light reflected off two long, sharp and curved edges of its wielder's daggers, both strapped against the person's clothed back in an X formation.

Every step and the daggers glinted under the moonbeams, deadly but beautiful weapons a curse and blessing.

If anyone saw a cloaked person with daggers forged to their very finest, they would run, run away fearing the fact that someone was coming for them more than they had been hunted by the government already.

But there was no-one left, no-one but this one person who trampled down the pathway with ethical calmness and sin.

He came to a halt at the end of the path, the exit from this city just a footstep away.

The cloaked figure hesitated to move, as if the anger and the dark menace in his body vanished completely, leaving a fearsome and helpless boy behind as he contemplated what just happened.

He slowly looked up from the cowl of his hood, into the dark night sky and the moon casting its light down on the broken city,

blue eyes glowing like neon lights at its brightest hues back at all of the souls and stars shining in the galaxy, wishing that the goddesses hadn't picked him to save this world from himself.

"If you want to play a game, then let's play a game."