5 • 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺

22.3.19

"Py!" A quirky voice hollered across the sea of big, sweaty bodies with a hand outstretched to reach for the canny male, the slick black hair a giveaway of his friend.

The fighter's untamed red orbs almost glistened once he turned towards the voice, halting in the prowl to his own personal cabin when his nickname floated through the air.

"Gosh- you nearly killed him!" That voice laced with awe and friendliness bit at the bigger male whose main goal was to get home to the office in his cabin- casually interrupted by the ginger-haired, grey-eyed companion looking up at him now.

He'd just finished another round of fighting in the ring, and now anticipating for his fraction of money from that old man who owned his power.

But there's another person who's willing to trail after him despite all of the things and violence he brought up.

"He didn't see through his arrogance- that was what nearly killed him. Not me," Python seemed to always find a way to allege himself as the innocent one, hands thrown up in the air in a manner of defending himself when really, he didn't give two shits.

Especially when his hands were still stained with his recent opponent's blood, red liquid drying and cracking through every crevice in his palms, knuckles rash and beaten but not broken and twisted like the poor opponent who faced him- and found his fingers being ensnared in a hell lot of sadistic pain.

Hoseok knew Py's favourite sort of torture to give to others. Watched the whole thing, too.

"That poor guy- I'm glad I never had the wits to make an enemy out of you," An invisible shiver went up Hoseok's spine at just the mere thought of the iron look of promised death in his friend's eyes whenever he fought, Hoseok just watching in wretched awe and satisfaction.

Then just as he said that, the crowd of big, burly men parted to let a small group of people pass with their makeshift stretcher carrying a very bloody, broken man through- to dump him into the alleys at the back door of their tavern as if he was a pail of rubbish.

Python just grunted at the damage he'd done to that brute, finding it easy to dispatch and permanently injure people but not being used to the weird satisfactory feeling in his chest every time he did.

The victory and righteousness every single sinner in this place always thrilled themselves with whenever he fought.

He didn't want to be that cruel.

But he was.

Because of that old man, or some sort of involuntary commitment? He didn't want to know if it was both making him such a honed, scarily talented fist-fighter in a world that wasn't threatening to him, but..disgusting. A world that was utterly disgusting and shameless.

He didn't have any fears. None at all. But he wasn't heartless, either. Just learned to cope with the bloodshed and to love the bloodlust and triumph, the strength.

Also the money he found himself pocketing more and more, scheming plans to..

This world is filled with scars, treacherous acts and greedy intents, yet he found himself in the midst of all of it without even choosing or even trying to get out of it or to change Hoseok's life either, that sweet candied boy continuing to stare up at him with so much kindness and..odd admiration.