Part 4: Shopping

Bygone
Part 4 • Shopping

A woman, brown hair with equally brown eyes, stood with her arms crossed over her chest. She was leaning on her back leg (with enough weight to support her body in case she needed to dodge or maneuver quickly) as she stared unimpressed at the man in front of her.

"These were half the price just yesterday," she says calmly. All she wanted to do was buy some tea leaves (they were herbs but they didn't need to know that and she wasn't telling) since she ran out of her last supply.

The shop vendor sneers slightly, "Well now they're double the price today. Buy them or leave! But hurry up!"

The woman, Saki, narrows her eyes at him. She wasn't unaware of the attention she garnered. After all, she's a simple civilian that moved in just two weeks ago (she's been here for three actually — watching the people and shinobi) that happened to gain the attention of one their shinobi. She was a woman to fear by just her attitude and narrowed eyes. She was a woman to despise for she was new and unknown (it's actually because she has the attention of almost every male but no one would admit it).

Saki rolls her eyes but pulls out the needed money. She really doesn't need a scene right now. While the man snatched the money out of her offered hand, she picked the leaves her paid for, placing them in the pouch that hung around her hips. That's what Saki, the civilian, did. What Sakura did was place a small genjutsu over her money to make it seem double and took double the amount Saki 'paid' for. She was surrounded by oblivious civilians, no would know.

She left the marketplace to rest back in the small apartment she rented out. She can only handle being in a crowd for so long before she's tempted to strike the next person that bumps into her. Can she, a war veteran, be blamed for flipping the person that touched her shoulder over her body and to the ground?

"What the fuck bitch!?" Hidan yelled in anger and confusion.

Fortunately, Sakura was able to bury her killing intent before it could surface. While she can easily lie about what she did, trying to explain KI would be more difficult. She looked down at Hidan with bored eyes. She sighed before letting go of his arm, watching as he brought it close to him to message. She may have twisted it to be able to easily break it, luckily she didn't break his arm.

"What do you want now?" Saki asks while resting her hands on her hips. Hidan has made it a hobby to sneak up on her and annoy her. This was the first time he actually touched her, so it was the first time she retaliated.

Hidan picked himself up and looked at the civilian suspiciously. She stared at him with the same unamused and bored eyes like she always does. She looked weak, so how was she able to lift him over her shoulder?

"How did you do that?" he asks while his hands reach for his scythe.

"So you are dumber than you look," was her dry reply. Sakura didn't miss the shift in his demeanor or position. She most certainly didn't miss how he reached for his weapon. "Never heard of self defense?"

"You're just a civilian," Hidan was quick to rebuttal. It amused him how calling her a civilian can annoy her. It was the one thing she would show any reaction to.

"And who said a female civilian couldn't learn to defend herself?" And because it's just like Saki, she added, "Aren't you a shinobi? Goes to show how weak you are really."

She walked past him as he scowled. It wasn't until she was already down the street that Hidan huffed to himself and followed. It was only standard procedure to watch anyone that moved into the village for a month or two. He was just unlucky enough to have been assigned the mission. If asked his opinion (which no one does and this greatly aggravates Hidan) he would have said that Saki was just a weak civilian.