Part 7: Cold

Bygone

Part 7 • Cold

Sakura's glad they were able to cash in the bounties. Even though each individual wasn't worth much, they were still missing-nins and together paid a nice price. Apparently, by bringing in more than one and all in a perfect condition they were able to get paid extra.

Hidan was especially glad over that fact but Sakura was only slightly annoyed. The guy was trying to buy them off to come back. Sakura had accepted the extra money with a blank expression before walking away.

Sakura had kept hold of their money, using it to buy new clothes for the both of them to better fit in once they entered the Land of Lightning. She would glare at Hidan whenever he tried to buy something unnecessary and smack him over the head. The sixteen year old eventually gave up and followed her around sulkily.

That was a week ago.

The two were now just a day away from Kumogakure, camping in a cave they had found the pior morning. It was nearing sundown when Hidan asked once again what they were going to do about their appearances. She lied about buying hair dye and contacts. Why waste money on something she could use her chakra for?

Like most nights, Sakura stayed awake keeping guard. She stared outside the cave until the moon rose and the stars came out. Once it was almost pitchblack within the cave she moved over to Hidan.

With quick hand signs she changed her pink hair into a blonde, her green eyes now a grey. She performed the hand signs once again, only this time she placed her hands on the side of Hidan's face.

She watched as his silver hair turned into a light blonde. She could only assume that his eyes were now a grey as well.

She could only sigh and sit back to start thinking of the type of cover story they'd be using.

. I .

Hidan woke up to having a ration thrown at his head. Usually he woke up on his own but when he's taking too long the pink bitch would wake him up.

"Do you have to throw those fucking things at me to wake me up?" he grumbles as he picks up the ration and throws it back, sneering when Sakura catches it to throw back.

"Hmm," she narrows her eyes at him making him blink. When the hell did she change her hair? "We'll need to do something about that."

He glares while standing up, stuffing his materials into a bag. "About what?" he asks, opening a scroll to seal up his bag.

"About your language," she explains with a wave of her hand, "Can't have anything leading back to us once we leave."

"What? My language? The fuck you mean?" He asks turning to look at her only to freeze when his hair flies into his vision. Slowly, he lifts a hand to grab it.

"THE FUCK! WHY IS MY HAIR BLONDE!?"

Sakura rolls her eyes, walking over. "I colored it last night, you were asleep. Now, come here so I shut off your vocals for the day," she explains, holding up a green chakra coated hand.

Hidan is quick to back away. "Oh hell no. I ain't letting you anywhere near me. You fucking colored my hair blonde! Blonde!" he screams, clearly distressed.

Sakura didn't think Hidan would be someone to worry over looks so much. It was kinda refreshing seeing how no one even had time for a quick soak during the war. It makes her relax her tense shoulders subtly for a moment.

"Stop being a brat," she hisses, stalking over.

Hidan backs away even more, desperately searching for his scythe. He turns to glare at her when he finds that his weapon is nowhere in the cave.