Part 6: Journey

Bygone
Part 6 • Journey

Sakura sighs, quickly growing annoyed with dumbfounded expression on Hidan's face. It's only been about five minutes since she asked and he still won't answer. If Sakura hadn't learned patience the hard way she would have snapped at the boy already.

A pink brow rose, green eyes bored. "Why don't you join me?" She repeats slower this time, outwardly mocking his intelligence.

Hidan quickly caught on to the jab and snarled at the woman. He still wouldn't open his mouth to answer her. Instead he leaned back on a tree, arms crossed with a thoughtful though sceptical expression on his face.

He knew that he didn't have a set plan or place to go after he left his home village. Thinking on it now, he might have just wandered around completely bored. Hidan also had to factor in that he was only sixteen.

Looking at his options -- join the Bubblegum Bitch or travel around aimlessly -- it was pretty clear which he should choose.

A smirk stretches across his features, "Well this will be interesting."

It's all the confirmation Sakura needs. She represses the urge to roll her eyes, instead she nods. "Good to know you'll find this amusing," she drawls as her hand searches through her pouch.

Hidan looks on curiously at the small, thin, brown leather covered book and pencil she pulls out. Shinobi have no need for notebooks, either they're always too paranoid to write something down or have great memory.

"What do you got there bitch?" He asks, trying to lean over and read. It surprises him momentarily that she doesn't lean away or pull the book back. Though once he catches a look at the contents, he knows why.

"Why the fuck you writing in fucking code?" He asks incredulously. "I knew you were paranoid as fuck but shit."

Sakura ignores him naturally. In complete truth Sakura doesn't need the book. She constantly worries about someone getting their hands on it and cracking the code, she also has episodic memory. Sakura truly has no reason for the book or code.

If it wasn't for the fact that it took nearly a year to develop it and another to memorize, she wouldn't bother writing. But Sakura doesn't like thinking that her actions were for nothing.

And it helps organize her thoughts she'll reluctantly admit.

Sakura's brows furrow as she looks back up at the dark sky. Her lips purse slightly as she looks back down at her book. She stares at the list she hastily wrote upon first getting the thing.

She closes it, putting it away as she looks up to stare at her new travel companion. Internally she grimaces, thinking of how much harder it was going to be to infiltrate villages.

"Originally," she starts off catching Hidan's eyes, "I wanted to head to Iwagakure to check on something since your small shack didn't have much."

Hidan blinks, "Why the fuck you wanna go all the way over there for?"

She sighs, "I said originally. Considering that Kumogakure is much closer and likely to have more information, we're heading there at the break of dawn."

Hidan opens his mouth to loudly protest at waking up so early but snaps it shut at the sight of her glare and the crack that formed in the ground when she shifted her foot.

Definitely not physically weak, he thinks as he reluctantly grunts his agreement. He glares at the way her green eyes momentarily light up in satisfaction.

Cursing the woman under his breath, Hidan rests against the nearest tree. To Sakura's surprise, Hidan doesn't take long to fall asleep.

Too trusting, she subconsciously thinks. If it weren't for the fact that there was no war she would have lectured the boy.