Part 5: Normal

Bygone
Part 5 • Normal

The day started as it would any other. Sakura would wake up restless, she'd lay in bed for the next few hours before she decided to get up. She would take a quick shower, change into civilian (but unrestricting) clothing, make something for her to eat. She would be unnerved by the arguing her neighbors do, by the ball the children bounce against her apartment wall (the sound was like that of the bodies hitting the ground never to get up again, or kunai and shuriken embedding themselves into the ground after you dodged only to be pierced by a sword), by the steps of her neighbors walking past her apartment in the halls. Sakura would then change her looks back to that of Saki and head to the market to keep her occupied.

The day started as it would — as it should. Except that it did not. There was no arguing from her neighbors, no children playing outside, no footsteps. It was then that the feeling of dread set in the pit of her stomach. Before Sakura could let her paranoia and suspicious nature take over her thoughts, she checked the clock for the time, then checked the position of the sun outside. It was still roughly twelve in the afternoon, as it always would be.

Sakura's thoughts raced. She could only come up with one answer.

Hidan, you brat.

. I .

Hidan was having a good day — no, he was having a great day. After about two months of being in a foul mood, it was about time he felt something other than annoyance and anger. It was about time he did something to show the village he was strongly, very strongly, against their decision of turning away from the shinobi lifestyle (it was decided long ago that cursing them out doesn't do anything).

With great glee, Hidan sealed his belongings away and stored the scroll in his weapon pouch. He tied his hitai-tie around his neck, smirking at himself in the mirror when he looked the slash that went through the village symbol.

Now, Hidan is everything but a morning person. However, having planned this day for the last week, he decided he could willingly get up early for once in his life. After all, the earlier he starts his day, the sooner he can rid himself of his foul mood.

Hidan steps out of his apartment with a grin.

He spots the annoying civilian family that lives next door just down the hall from him.

His grin widens.

What better way to start the day than getting rid of his annoyances?

. II .

Sakura sighed internally. She had raced towards the middle of the village as soon as she finished changing her appearance. Along the way she didn't miss the carnage or the sound of running and screams. It's a wonder why she didn't hear them while in her apartment. If she guessed, it was due to her living at the opposite end of the massacre.

However, she is a shinobi — a shinobi with a mission more importantly — and she hasn't the time to stop and help the fleeing or the fighting.

She couldn't just barge in the middle of a fight and assist in subduing Hidan, the village knows her as a civilian and they'll surely want to capture her too after. Sakura wouldn't let herself become suspicious or hunted for no real reason (she shouldn't let herself be hunted period but she already has Konoha after her so what's adding another village on top? Besides, after she leaves the village would already turn away from the life of shinobi). So she'll give Yugakure a reason.

Which is why she's currently crouching upside down in the corner of Yugakure's archives.

She watches as the shinobi on guard duty (and doesn't that just remind her of Kotetsu and Izumo, those two never seemed to be missions that aren't guarding) run out the building to help in subduing the maniac teenager with silver hair. She drops down silently, sighing. Running a hand through her hair, she walks down the aisles looking for anything that might be helpful. She might have read (and memorized) everything in the Hokage Tower but information was still scarce after the Pain Attack. Getting information from another Village will help her navigate when she is in events of other Villages.