Chapter Seven

Saint:

Julian's eyes were wide and his cheeks bright pink went I walked up to him sipping my cup of coffee.

"Here." I handed him the other cup in my hand.

"What's this?" He asked, opening the lid.

"You looked cold."

"I can't drink - "

"It's hot chocolate. I didn't forget." I said and he stared at me in surprise.

"Oh...thank you." He smiled and wrapped his hands around the warm paper cup. I pointed my head in the direction of the fountain and he followed me slowly.

"Oh, fuck my life." I groaned as I drained my coffee in seconds. I moved to lay down like I always did and only realised when my head didn't touch stone that I was lying on Julian's lap. I blinked up at his face and yeah...his eyes were way more blue than the sky. He didn't complain about me being in his lap so I didn't move. Instead, I watched him as he took little sips of his hot chocolate. When he was done, he put the cup down by his hip and sat back, lifting his face to the sky. The sun was only just peeking out of the clouds now and the way the gold rays shone on his skin made it look so ...

"Saint?" He said and I snapped my mouth shut.

"Mmm...Yeah?" I hummed.

"You..." He paused and looked a little sheepish. "You know what, never mind. It doesn't matter." He said.

"Hey, no, say what you were going to say." I prodded his stomach and he laughed.

"Really. It's fine. It doesn't matter." He looked around the school and I could hear some students walking around. "We should get to class. The bell is going to ring soon."

I should have asked Lucy in the cafeteria for 2 coffees instead of one. I cursed my stupidity and covered my yawn with my hand. I wasn't going to make it. I could tell already. My head dropped onto the table on top of my arms and I gave up trying to fight my sleep. I was sure everyone in class thought the teachers let me sleep as another 'Saint can do what he wants' perk, but honestly most of them let me sleep because I still got straight A's in their classes. That was 'obviously' a perk too. Everyone seemed to forget that my mother had been a teacher at this school once. She'd taught me most of the school syllabus years ago already.

I dozed for a while and dreamt up a lullaby I'd have to write down later when I got home. I couldn't stay asleep though. Every time my eyes opened I caught sight of Julian at his desk, actually writing things down now. I was glad the teachers hadn't made more of a fuss about accommodating him. I would have lost my shit if they had. It shouldn't have taken me to say something in the first place. All they had to do was speak facing forwards. It was a bad habit to speak with your back to people anyway.

I pulled out my phone to check how much longer this lesson was. Damn. 35 minutes. I wanted to cry, I was so bored. I tapped the screen of my phone as I glanced at Julian again. He looked so focused. Usually Zac would text me if I looked like that. He said I looked constipated. I snorted and was about to open my messages when I remembered not only did I not have Julian's number, he didn't even have a phone. Urgh. My head fell back on the desk with a bang.

I was leaning against the car, tapping a cigarette out of the box when I spotted Julian walking out the school gates. I stuck my lighter back in my pocket and tucked the cigarette behind my ear so I could whistle loudly. Julian stopped and looked around until he saw me waving for him to come over.