Chapter Eighteen

Julian:

It felt like I'd been asleep for 10 minutes when there was a tap on my shoulder.

"Carter. Hey." I winced a little because Zac was always loud and in this small room, his voice echoed even more. Wait...

"Zac?" I blinked my eyes open and he grinned at me.

"Saint texted me to come get you. He's a little busy right now, but he said you can wait in the car with Peter."

"Oh..." I sat up slowly and he rocked on his heels as he waited for me to move.

"You good?" He asked when I wobbled getting my bag from the floor, but the dizziness passed quickly and I gave him a nod.

"All good." I breathed and he walked with me to the front entrance of the school where Peter was waiting. "Zac..." I called as he wwas turning away.

"Yeah?"

"Are you really OK with...you know...me and Saint?" He turned back to me fully and shrugged before shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Of course I am." He replied. "I mean, to each his own, right? Also, I'm kinda relieved." He chuckled.

"Relieved?"

"Less competition." He grinned. "Most girls usually hang with me to get to him. Now they don't have much of a choice." I gave him a small smile and he lifted his hand to wave as he walked backwards. "It's all good, little dude. I'll see you later."

"Bye, Zac" I ducked into the car and greeted Peter as I tucked my bag under the seat by my feet.

"Afternoon, Mr Carter." I wanted to giggle at how formal he always sounded, but no amount of pestering Peter to use either my or Saint's given names had gained much traction.

There was a tray on the seat next to me and a note to eat if I was hungry, but I was still feeling a little nauseous so I ignored the food and laid my head down.

I don't know how long I dozed for, but it wasn't too long before the door opened and a tired looking Saint slid into the car.

"Julian." He smiled at me when I sat up. He looked different.

"You're not wearing your jacket." I said in shock. He was in a very properly pressed school blazer and his hair was actually combed back for once.

"My father likes to parade me around sometimes to his friends. Future donators." He sighed and reached up to pull off the blazer. "Makes him look good."

"I don't llike it." I mumbled with a pout and he smirked in my direction.

"Yeah?"

"No." I blinked and he dragged me close so he could press a kiss to my cheek. He even smelled different.

"You want to head home? I can help you with your homework." He rumbled right into my ear and I felt a blush creeping up the side of my neck. There was something about the way his lips brushed against my ear that gave me butterflies.

"Yeah." I breathed and I got another kiss on the cheek.

The ringing in my ears started up again later that afternoon and Saint gave up trying to force any sort of homework into my head.

"You want to try some new signs?" He asked me when I rubbed at my ears uselessly.